Chapter 24: A Reason for Living(Part 2)

Raz's compatibility with Comander Glynne's company was great. The boy kept displaying excellent performance one after another. Because of this, the scientists, that was assigned to him, keep sending the boy to them.

The boy's performance was all due to the presence of Siegfried. He was training Raz on the way of the battlefield and how to take advantage of his powers.

Although he didn't expect to act as a father on the battlefield, he felt like Raz became his adopted son.

"Oi old man, stop spacing out!" Siegfried snapped back to see a small fist flying towards his face. He caught and directed it towards the back of his assailant. He did a grappling hold similar to that of a police arresting a criminal.

"L-let go of me!" Raz shouted, struggling to break free.

"Didn't you already forgot what I told you to do when facing taller opponents?" Siegfried asked.

"If it means breaking it to wipe that smirk on your face, then of course I'll do it." the man was quite amused at Raz's spunk. His grin widen as he twisted the kid's shoulder more.

The boy has changed a lot from their initial meeting. Compared to the doll like face he has before, he has been showing a lot of emotions just like a normal kid.

"Ow ow ow ow ouch!" Siegfried, who is reminiscing about the past, realized he is still pinning down the boy. He quickly raise both of his hands, releasing him in the process.

"Hey old man, I asked for a mock battle, not punishment!" the boy protested while rubbing his wrist to  elevate the pain.

"Sorry, that was my mistake" Siegfried apologizes while scratching the back of his head. "How bout I'll let you hit my face so we can call this quits."

"No thanks, I ain't falling for that trap." Raz said making the man chuckle. Seems like he is learning how to read people quite well.

Since the fight is already finished, the boy stood up and pat his clothes to remove any dirt that sticked to them. Both pack up as they begun preparing to leave the training grounds.

"By the way old man," Raz said, gaining the attention of Siegfried. "Is it the news about you leaving, true?"

"Where did you hear that from?" The man asked.

"From Commander Glynne himself." Raz gave a quick reply.

"Well if you heard from it from him then it is true." Siegfried scratched the back of his head. He was gonna announce that news later on the drinking party but seems like someone already started spreading it.

"I see," Raz's eyes was overcast by shadows. "Where are you going?"

"Nothing in particular." Siegfried replied. "Anywhere this feet of mine will take me, I guess. There are some answers I wanted to search out there." he said as he looked over the setting sun.

"Pft, it's so weird looking at you acting philosophical all of a sudden." Ras said, stifling out his laughter.

Siegfried got tick off at the boy's remark, he headlock him as he ruffles his hair. "Didn't you like this, how about I give it to you for a minute."

"Stop it! It hurts!" Raz protested while struggling to break free from his hold. However it was for a naught since a different in strength between a kid and an adult is large. Exactly about sixty seconds later, Raz dropped down on the ground while fixing his messed up hair.

Siegfried let out a sigh, the boy was reminding him a lot about about someone. "Sigh... Why are you so similar with Kiana?"

"With who?" Raz tilted his head, curious to what is the man in front of him referring to.

"Ah right, I haven't talk about her to you yet." Siegfried said while helping the boy getting up. "I had a kid back home, her name is Kiana."

"Eh, you're married?" Raz questions, genuinely surprised by the news.

"Hey, what are you implying at?" the man narrowed his eyes as he glares at the boy. "Sigh, I'm letting that slide for now.... You know, I feel like you two are perfect for each other."

"Nah, I'll pass on that. I'm still too young for any of that stuff." Siegfried was surprised, he didn't thought that the boy would use the 'Too Young' card himself. He might have grown a bit too much from what's expected.

"Anyway, going back to the topic..." Raz put his arms behind his head as he watched the sky slowly turning into black. "I will miss you, old man."

"I'm flattered," both of them chuckled at Siegfried over the top reply. "Not gonna lie, I will probably miss you too Kiddo."

Raz felt some loneliness in his heart, goodbyes like this are still hard even if one is an adult. "Will there ever be a chance we meet-up again?" he asked.

"Maybe," Siegfried replied in an unsure manner. "But if ever meet again, I would like to see you already out of your cage."

"Don't worry, I'm already working on it." Raz reassured as his lips curved into a smirk.

"Is that so," Siegfried chuckled at the boy's confidence. "Then if you did that, I'll gladly introduced you to my daughter."

"Like I said, I'm not interested in that." Raz retorted.

"There is still a possibility you might change your mind in the future." Siegfried shrugged his shoulders. "I assure you she will be quite beautiful in the future. I mean, her parents are hot." he added as he thumps up.

"And now you're just patting yourself on the back." Raz let out a huge sigh.

............
.....

""Pft""

Both of them let out a hearty laugh. Despite being a kid and an adult, the promised they made that day was like between two man with equal standing.

@@@@@@@@@@@

"Mhm" letting out a groan, Glynne's emerald green eyes slowly opens up. He started at the white ceiling for a while, remembering his dream a while ago.

"Right, I'm free now... " he muttered as he reached his hands above as if trying to grab something. He has finally held the end of his bargain, what's only left now is them meeting up again.

"Mhmmm, Mei.... Hehehe" Glynne heard a voice besides him. He glance over his side to see a white-haired girl sleeping on the chairs. She was drooling and occasionally giggle as she seems to be having a naughty dream about Mei.

"Kiana... " the boy smiled bitterly upon seeing her. Because of his dream earlier, he felt somewhat awkward at her presence.

Fate can be quite twisted sometimes.

He genuinely just want to meet-up with the old man again. Him introducing his daughter was something Glynne pass up as one of his jokes. Heck, he even forgotten her name if not for his dream.

That said, he never would have thought of meeting the daughter first before she would be introduced to him by the old man.

He doesn't know what to do. It is very fortunate that she was asleep right now. If he greeted Kiana after waking up, his brain would probably overheat from thinking on what he gonna do.

However now that his mind is somewhat clear, he can say something for certain.

"Like hell we are alike...."

================

My school system is quite messy.

Anyways, in the next chapter I will be wrapping up this first act. Hopefully I would go back into writing daily school life like I originally intended this book to be.

TBH, it feels like I dragged this Rampaging act quite long despite not being good at writing action sequences. But well, I did learn something.

That said, Thanks for Reading!!