Chapter 6: Clinic Visit

"What happened?" was the first words that came into Glynne's mouth as he noticed that he was laying down on a clinic bed. He felt numb, probably because he just woke up. He was lost in thought as he just staring at the white ceiling in daze.

"Oh, seems like you've woken up." He was startled by a voice and quickly turn his head towards the direction it came from. It was a mistake though as doing so sent a sudden jolt of electricity throughout his entire body. His body stiffened in pain but thanks to it he was now wide awake. His mind became clear and the memories before he passed out begun rushing back.

"I recommend not suddenly moving your body, you are still in the middle of a treatment." the girl said.

"Ugh, wish you should've said it sooner." Glynne protested as he smiled wryly.

The girl stayed quiet, not replying at his sarcasm, and move closer to him. She begun checking the monitors beside him and proceed to wrote them down on the paper she has on her hand.

Glynne also took this time to look closely at the girl. A pair of soft blue eyes behind a red square glasses. Her long grayish blue hair that reaches to her hips was tied in a low ponytail, but some seems to be intentionally separated to become another shorter lock of hair behind her right ear. There was nothing particular to note on her school uniform besides the fact that it is covered by a lab coat.

"If you done ogling at me, can I please leave?" Glynne's once again snapped from his daze by the girl's voice.

"Ah sorry, did I perhaps stared for too long?" he said as he bowed down a little to show he was apologetic.

"Not really," she replied in a nonchalant manner. "Ms. Himeko would be coming here soon to check you up you. I recommend to not move recklessly and rest until she arrive."

Glynne nodded at the girl's advice. He then proceed to stare outside as the girl quietly exited through the curtain.

"Ah, I forgot to ask her name." he muttered in realization.

"Well, I still have chances to meet her again and ask her" he shrugged his shoulders choosing to concentrate at what the girl has advised him to do. Even if his body still felt like being stung by a thousand needles, he just closed his eyes to have some rest.

Baaaam!!!! ----- or not. It was not even a minute after closing his eyes, when he heard the door slamming open. "Yo Fu Hua, heard the boy woke up!" a loud voice reverberated in the entire clinic.

Glynne felt a shiver run down his spine after hearing her voice. He has a swirling feeling in his guts that something not good will happen. On another note, he now at least know the name of the girl he talked to earlier.

"Ms. Himeko, I would appreciate if you would not raise your voice in the clinic. There are patients resting on the bed." Fu Hua reprimanded the loud teacher. "And regarding the patient you're referring to, he woke up just a while ago."

Glynne heard footsteps coming close to where he is resting at. However what puzzles him was that he was hearing three different footsteps instead of two. The two was obviously Fu Hua, who is guiding them, and Himeko, who came to visit him. Then who might be the third person?

While he was busy pondering who it might be, the curtain opens and revealed who came to visit. "Hm, did I perhaps knock your head a bit too hard?"

Glynne was surprised, enough that quickly turned his head despite the warning earlier. Perhaps because of the adrenaline quickly rushing in, he felt less pain than before. Or it was perhaps the shock that he is feeling right now that was able to numb his entire body from the pain. Whatever it may be, he does not care as all of his attention was on the bandage-up white haired girl in front of him. "W-what are you doing here, Kiana?"

Kiana doesn't seem to like what Glynne was implying at as her face wrapped in annoyance. "What? It's not like I also want to visit you either. Teacher Himeko invited me here because there was something she wanted to talk to us about."

It was a valid point. It would be weird if someone visited a person they hate, especially Kiana. Though they did not talk nor see each other often this past seven days, obviously because he was avoiding her, Glynne was able to get a gist of Kiana's personality. If she visited him on a whim or for no apparent reason, he might begun questioning reality itself.

"Cough" Himeko clears her throat interrupting the two who started staring at each other. Amusing as it may be, there is still some business she needed to do so she don't have that many free time. "That's enough lovemaking for today, lovebirds. At least get yourself a nest first before continuing on."

"W-what are you talking about, Aunt Himeko!?" Kiana was clearly flustered evident at how she even forgot to address Himeko formally. She wave her hands randomly while turning her head side to side. "W-why would I fall for a weakling like him any way?! Besides, my heart is already belong to Mei!"

While Kiana was throwing a tantrum, Glynne was staying quiet as he was laying on the bed. To be honest, he also wanted to refute Himeko but he don't have that much extra energy to do so. It was also because he knew that his teacher was someone who likes teasing.

Glynne let out a huge sigh. His eyes unconsciously wandered to the girl who stayed quiet at the back. Even she looked troubled. When both of their eyes met, they both nodded as they seems to sympathize with each other.

It was no mistake that Himeko is a troublesome teacher to deal with.