Chapter 5: Duel (part 2)

Didn't I say next chapter will be posted soon.... (~_^)

================

Seriously, why does it end up like this? - Glynne thought.

On the first week after transferring, everything seems to be going well. He stand out bit on the first day but as days pass by he begun to assimilate to the crowd. He just wanted to be normal, someone that people would not immediately identify at the first glance at his face, as this would benefit him for his future goal. Everything in his plan has already been set up, the one final thing that is needed was the amount of time for it to be establish itself.

However all of it has broken down just because of an reckless action of a certain person. A muscle head, birdbrain, idiotic person.

"Pant, pant" Glynne panted as he tries to catch up his breath. He glared at the person in front of him, the person who is responsible for his current hardship, Kiana Kaslana.

"What's wrong? Is that all you got?" She asked while raising her eyebrow.

"Nope, I'm just warming up." It's a lie. Far from warming up, he was pretty much exhausted.

They have been duking it out nonstop for several minutes now. And by those few minutes, Glynne has realized that he was at a disadvantage. Even if he got the advantage of a knife in close quarters combat, Kiana was able to parry him and counter him back with her kick. Some of his attacks did hit but most of them are only grazes. Meanwhile he suffered an aching wrist from the repeated parrying, and a blow on his left side from a direct hit. If this was a video game, he has already lose more than 20 percent of his health while his opponent only lose one percent.

Despite the odds stacking upon him, he still can't wipe off his grin that was plastered on him face. Making a quick reevaluation of tactics, Glynne position himself into a ready stance with his knife pointing at the white haired girl in front of him.

"Again? Why won't you realized it already?" By the tone of her voice, Kiana seems to be gotten bored. This is also one of the reason she don't like facing weaker opponents. Any more than this would feel like bullying. Even so, a duel is a duel, as long as her opponent doesn't give up, she was forced to fight him. Just like earlier, she readied herself to intercept the black haired boy.

Glynne charges once again........ Not. It was a feint, there is one thing that can be able to increase the effective range of a knife, and that is achieved by throwing it.

Kiana was flustered at the sudden change of tactics, but she was still composed enough to intercept it midair by shooting at it.

However that was all Glynne needed, with the time his opponent attention shifted to the knife he was able to bring out his gun and aim it.

Kiana noticed it late, she only realized it when she heard something slicing through air. She manage to dodge by rolling to the right but the attack still manage to graze her left leg. However, the attack doesn't end there.

"Augh!" Kiana grunted in pain. Due to her rolling out of the way, she was not able to recover enough to dodge the second shot. Because of that she suffered a direct hit on her left flank. Though the pain was still bearable so quickly leap backwards to try to recover a bit.

"Argh!" It was a mistake though. Able to predict his opponent next movement, Glynne fired ahead of time and manage to hit Kiana on the stomach. However all of this was only the beginning.

He begun shooting an onslaught of bullets on Kiana. He gave her no time to recover. He watch as she tried to dodge but still getting hit by the following shot. He noticed that she tries to gain some distance but it was all for naught as his shot still continue to hit. He gained an advantage but there is one thing he was unsatisfied about, the power of his weapon.

A laser handgun have a wider range than an average handgun. Its shots can also maintain its travelling speed as it was just a streak of intangible light. But with this advantages comes with the exchange of its initial power. Not to mention, the one Glynne was using was for training purposes only, so its power was low even if fired at the highest setting. This became apparent as the damage suffered by Kiana are still low despite getting hit by multiple shots. However he still did not lose heart, he just keep firing as he knew that the damage will stack up overtime.

"D-don't look down on me!!!" Kiana finally snapped. The feeling of being toyed with, was not the most pleasant feeling in the world. Despite her body hurting all over, the sudden rush of adrenaline made her feel numb. She tried pointing her gun but failed to do so as it was soon deflected by an incoming light streak.

However Kiana does not give up, her back suddenly begun shinning. A tear in space appears beside her and inside of it comes a huge white cannon. She grabs it and aimed it at Glynne. She felt the shots begin to concentrate on her cannon but because of its heavy weight it cannot be misdirected.

The gun opens up on its four sides revealing its orange insides. It begun charging up with a whirling sound. The shots also seems to become intense. Kiana felt that the boy is getting nervous. This time, it was her turn to smirk.

"Gungnir Fire!!!" she shouted as a huge laser beam fired off. It gave off a bright light and soon the whole room was engulf by it. Kiana felt her arms becoming light as the cannon starts to disintegrate. However it already done its job so she has no need of it. She was confident she already won.....

"N-no way?!" However as soon at the light faded, her face wrapped in horror. Glynne was still standing on the same place he was a while ago. The only difference this time was he was aiming his gun sideways. This means that the cannon was a few inches off mark on hitting the target.

"If you gonna use something big, do make sure that it would hit." he smiles as he mocks Kiana. "With this, it's a checkmate." he said pulling the trigger.

Click!

However nothing came out. He was late to notice the heat coming off his gun because of his confidence in winning. His gun had overheated from the repeated firing a while ago

While Glynne was flustered about his gun, Kiana took this opportunity and quickly move closer at him.

"Hiyah!" She did a flying kick, hitting right on Glynne's stomach. All of the oxygen on his lungs came out as he was sent flying into a wall. He then fell down hard on the floor. With every ounce of his strength he tried raising his head to see his opponent.

The white haired girl kept swaying, struggling to stand up. With a satisfied smile, his vision slowly turned to black.

===========

Finally finish with the battle scene. I didn't expect for it to be that hard to write. There are so many words to write but so little space to fit.

Anyway, thanks for reading!