Chapter 49: Practical Exams(Part 1)

"As expected, passing will be difficult." Fu Hua muttered while looking at the monitor.

On the screen was a group of Valkyries facing against a huge boar like honkai. Although it seems like the students has gained the upper hand, it was obvious from an expert's eye that they are slowly losing control of the advantage as the time goes on.

The exact scenario seems to be repeating again. The team that is fighting at the moment is already the fourth team to go against the emperor level honkai. So far, none of them came out victorious with the cause of their defeat is the same as with the others.

Truth to be told, just watching others fail has the moral of the students lowered. However, that wasn't the only reason why. Fu Hua turned around as her eyes landed on the boy who has his arms crossed while leaning at the back corner of the room.

Due to his stunt yesterday, the atmosphere inside the the preparation room is tense. No one seems to dare to approach him nor even try to meet his eyes. With just his presence alone, he would cause the the other to became nervous thus effectively killing the moral.

Even so, there are still some students who are not afraid of him. "Hey Glynne, are you okay?" one such case was a student with twin braided white hair and blue eyes.

Glynne open one of his eyes to see Kiana looking at him with worried eyes. He stood up as let out a sign while scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, I'm just in a bad mood, that's all." he reassured.

Kiana's furrowed her eyebrows. His words is taking the situation very lightly. It has a high chance that the boy has overheard the conversation at yesterday's lunch. She understand his mood if this was the case, but with how he is greatly affecting the mental health of those in his surroundings, including his team, she needs fix it before it could get any worse.

"You know, my old man would always say that a leader should always look out their teammates." Kiana said as she goes to his side and leaned on the wall.

"Heh, is that so," Glynne tried his best not to flinch when the girl mention her father. Kiana never really talk about him in public. Well, he had a general idea why. "Your father must be quite a good man to be able to give you that advice."

"Not really.., " Kiana muttered. The boy notice her eyes seemingly staring at the distance as if she is longing about something. However she quickly shook her head as it is not the problem right now. "Anyways as a leader, I am responsible for the team. That's why you're free to say your problems to me."

Glynne smiled in response. Kiana was not a person who one would associate with the word 'responsible'. That's why it's cute seeing her do her best to fit into the role that was given to her.

"I appreciate the concern," Glynne said. "But you shouldn't bother."

Kiana stared at the boy's eyes for a few seconds, before letting out a sigh, "...I understand," and surprisingly, she quickly back off. She simply doesn't want to repeat the same mistake again back when they first tried to pry Glynne about what he is hiding. Whatever it maybe, she learned that the boy would only share his secrets if he is willing to"... Hey, about our bet,"

"What about it?" Glynne asked while raising an eyebrow.

"...What will happen in case we fail?" Kiana said in a low voice.

"Pft.., ahahaha!!!" however, Glynne begun to laugh out of nowhere. He begin to gather a lot of attention to his direction, but he doesn't care.

"Geez, this is serious!" Kiana protested as she pout at the boy's antics.

"....Sorry," Glynne said while holding his stomach and wiping the tear that formed under his eye. "I just never expected you to say those words."

Kiana pouted, "That is why I — Fuwehhhh..."