Chapter 43: Advice

Glynne had to clear his head. Due what Kiana had done, his mind was like a jumbled up mess.

'It would be hard to talk to her in this condition...' — he thought inside his head. He doesn't want to get in any awkward situation. There is also a possibility that Mei and Bronya would get suspicious of him. As such he decided to let the girls go first while coughing up some excuses like he needed to buy something in the city.

It worked smoothly for some reason as they agreed to his suggestion. Thus, he was walking alone the bustling city night streets.

"Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I was alone." he muttered while his eyes are wandering around at eye catching signs of various shops and establishment.

This passed few days, he would always be walking home with the girls. At first, he was a bit reluctant since he was quite wary at the stares he would get when they passed by someone. Because of it, he would make sure that he is at least at a certain distance behind them so he wouldn't get any suspicion.

However, he soon got accustomed with walking with them as Kiana would always dragged him into the group. He chuckled as he reminisce at the memory that was only just happened last week.

A smile form on his face, remembering how many times Kiana has done a lot for him.

Though it was not intentional but if it not because of her recklessness, maybe he wouldn't get his independence from his foster mother.

If not because of that, he wouldn't know about his relationship with Bronya.

If not because of her always dragging him to her friends, he wouldn't know the taste of the food that goddess Mei make.

If not because of her, he may not have formed a master-student relationship with Fu Hua and would still be stuck figuring out how to make his battlesuit work.

That said, he stopped on his tracks since his mind begun to wander towards the thought of the girl again. That kiss has quite a serious effect on him. It was already enough that he was conscious of her ever since he remembers that she was Siegfried's daughter.

"Tsk" Glynne clicked his tongue as he continued walking again. He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice the number of signs was beginning to lessen.

When he came back into reality, he found himself on the outskirts of the city where there was only a few houses nearby. The place feels deserted as the cold gust of wind blew in front of his face.

But for some reason there is this single signboard with a light of top that is visible at the distance. Like a moth to a flame, he was naturally drawn into it.

'An oden cart?' Glynne though as he tilted his head. A simple wooden cart with a yellow light on the inside and a red banner that is hanging on the roof, was just park in a middle of nowhere.

When he got a whiff of that savory odor of the food that the cart was selling, his stomach begun to grumble. He checked for the time on his phone to see it was already passed dinnertime. He thought that those in the dorms might be worried about him so he quickly decided to send a message saying he would be eating outside tonight.

Turning his phone screen off and putting it once again in his pockets, he got near the oden cart only to stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"Listen here, Uncle! That man seriously pisses me off. Like seriously, to think he would go on a blind date despite having a fiancee!"

"Is that so,"

"I mean, is he serious!? What kind of scum was that?! I was so angry when I discovered it that I just walked away from the restaurant. Sigh~ what a nerve for him to do that."