Chapter 42: Jealousy

"As expected, Mei is the best!" Kiana said while she stretched her arms. Sitting for too long has made her body a bit stiff, she felt a relieved when she heard some cracking sounds from her shoulders and back.

"Geez, you don't have to say that out loud." Mei said as her face blushes a bit. She wasn't really weak in flattery since she grew up in a high society where people always wanted to go to your good side. However, when her friends tell her compliments, knowing that it was from the bottom of their hearts, she seems to become embarrassed a bit.

"I really can't argue with what Kiana said..." Glynne totally agrees with the white-haired girl. He never have thought that teaching Kiana would be that hard. There is a lot of things he needed to manage, like how the girl would always get distracted by random things, how she would scribble random things when he was not looking, and how she would sometimes whine when it gets hard. Long story short, he needed to pay a lot of attention when teaching her. Oh, not to mention that it would took him about half an hour to make her answer a single problem.

Yeah, Glynne can't help but have a distant look on his eyes upon remembering what happened a while ago. He can't stress enough how fortunate he felt when Mei arrived at the library. She was like a goddess that made a miracle on front of his eyes, she was able to teach Kiana most of the questions in just a short period of time. Adding to that, she also tutored the white-haired girl other subjects, while also giving some helpful pointers towards the boy's problems on the two subjects he was not good at. Glynne has renewed his impression of her.

Mei cleared throat as she was getting embarrassed. "Anyways, we should get going." she suggested upon looking at the orange tilt of the sun rays that penetrated through the library windows.

The other two didn't see any problem with it as they agreed with their friend's suggestion. The trio begun to clean up their desk as they gather their textbooks and putting them in their bags. They then proceeded to return the book towards their respective shelves. They were about to leave when Glynne noticed his phone vibrating in his pockets.

He wondered what is it and pulled out his phone. He powered it up and noticed Bronya has sent him a message.

"What is it?" Kiana goes to his back and got curious when the boy stop to check his phone. She didn't get a glimpse at the message though as he quickly turned the screen off and returned it to his pockets. This, for some reason made her pout.

"You two should go first. Seems like Bronya is calling for me at the weapon development center." he said while he picked up his bag and hang it on his shoulders.

"I'm coming too!" Kiana quickly suggested and also grabbed her bag. Her instincts is somehow telling her to go. She don't know the reason why but it never failed her before. "You're coming too right, Mei?"

"Eh? Ah, yeah." Mei was surprised by the sudden development and just subconsciously go with the flow. Though it wasn't like she has any problems with it since she wasn't the one on duty for cooking for the rest of the week. This is because of the presence of Rita and  also so that she could focus on her preparation for the upcoming exam.

Glynne stare at them briefly before he shrugged his shoulders. It isn't like he could decline them. Letting out a sigh, he agreed with them coming as they walk out from the library doors.

@@@@@@@@@@@

"Ah, Glynne." Bronya called out when she noticed the boy appearing from the corner. She quickly ran to him and meet him with an embrace. "What took so long?"

"Sorry, I had something to do at the library." Glynne was surprised when the girl suddenly hug him. However he doesn't stop the girl as she snuggles her head on his clothes. A smile creep into his lips seeing Bronya acting like a spoiled sister.