Chapter 2: Just a Normal Student?

"I don't like him" Kiana muttered.

"Now calm down Kiana, Glynne haven't done anything wrong you know. " Mei said with a wry smile while trying to pacify her friend.

"That is it! That is why I hate him!" Kiana shouted.

A week has past since Glynne transferred to the school. Despite his messy first impression, he was quite normal in class. He wasn't the type of character whose atmosphere screams "I'm a loner!" or anything, in fact he seems to interact with the class normally. He wasn't some type of a genius either, as he was visibly struggling to understand some of the lessons. That's right, he look normal.., No, let me rephrase, at best he is just your average student that you can find anywhere. This is why Kiana is irritated at Glynne.

She was sure about what she saw that day. The sense of rivalry was ignited inside of her was still burning brightly. She wanted to challenge him on the next time they meet. But to her disappointment, he act indifferent when they finally met and adding salt to the wound, he was acting as if there was nothing special about him.

Glynne is only pretending to be normal, Kiana is sure of it. She wanted to confront him about it so she waited for him in the place they first met. However he doesn't appear no matter how long she waited. That is why she decided that she will expose him to everyone else no matter what. Fortunately for her, today was the perfect opportunity.

"Hey Mei, today's the Battle Simulation right?" Kiana ask just to make sure.

Battle simulation, as the name implies, was subject that simulates a certain battlefield scenario for the students to overcome. The goal is to simply subjugate a honkai beast. But as an added challenge, using a special room, they will do so while the are being exposed to extreme environments.

It was hard training, but for Kiana who loves battling, she enjoys it even if she sometimes complains after.

Mei flinched a bit, confused at her friend sudden change of topic. "Y-yes, 1 o'clock this afternoon." she said.

Kiana nodded and sat down properly. She started humming while swaying her feet. She suddenly seems to be in a good mood. Mei was confused at her friend's behavior but she just shrugged it off knowing that Kiana was simply exited for the upcoming Battle Simulation.

Mei was right... but it was a few inches off the mark. Yes, Kiana is excited for it but it was for a different reason. "Just you wait Glynne, I will surely show the entire class who you really are." she muttered.

Unbeknownst to the two, they are being watch by a certain male student. Having lose interest at them, he continued on talking to the student in front of him. With Kiana giggling randomly like a weirdo, Glynne took a mental note to always keep guard up around her.

@@@@@@@@

"Eh, he won't participate?!" Kiana's wail can be heard in the entire simulation room.

"Yes Kiana, you heard it right. Mr. Glynne would sit this one out this week. " Himeko said while removing her fingers on her ears. Her ears is still ringing from the earlier shout. "Seems like the Principal wanted him to get accustomed first with how we do things here."

"B-but why?!" Kiana asked, "Didn't you always says that experiencing it first hand is better than watching it!?"

Himeko nodded at Kiana's point  seemingly agreeing with her student however, "As you all already know, St. Freya Academy is unique compared to other schools. Principal said that the culture shock might affect his overall performance if he would be immediately plunge into middle of our training course."

Kiana was flustered. She never have thought that this would happen. She planned to exposed Glynne by showing the class how he fight. With the hard difficulty of training, he would surely not be able to hold back. With this everyone would know that he is not some normal student. That was what suppose to happen according to Kiana's plan but with him not participating, she would wait another week again before another opportunity to come.

She felt something amiss, the Principal she know would never give any preferential treatment like that. Although she has a childish attitude at times, she is strict when it comes to matters relating to the school.

Unconsciously she look at Glynne who was behind the red haired teacher. Oddly enough, he also was staring back at her. She was taken aback when their eyes met with each other. She realized that he was watching her this whole time. Perhaps thinking that her thoughts has been read, she only silently glare at Glynne.

It was not soon after that Glynne broke off their staring contest and proceeded to turn around to leave. However Kiana notice it, it was faint change but she was sure of it. Glynne's lips was strangely curved a bit upwards.

Bang!

"""K-Kiana!?"""

Everyone was surprised, even the culprit was flustered at what she has done. Her instincts took over her however it was too late to back down now.

Firing a weapon or dropping them in front of someone means one thing in the academy. Although it was not an official rule, they do this to first get attention of someone, then the next step is to,

"Duel..." she muttered at first. Tightening her grip, she mustered a bit of her courage. "My name Kiana Kaslana! I challenge you, Glynne Romero in a duel!"

=========

And CUT!!

A cliff suddenly appeared!

Don't worry though, next chapters will be publish very soon. (~_^)

Anyway, thanks for reading!