Chapter 39 : Training Area

"Hm?" as the strawberry blonde girl was busy wiping off the sweat she accumulated during her practice, She noticed a familiar black haired boy walking inside the training room.

"Yo, fancy meeting you here Elena!" he greeted while having somewhat a smirk plastered on his face. Naturally, this pisses the girl off but retained her calm as she doesn't want to raise a ruckus so early in the morning.

"Would you please not talked to me so casually." Elena said while continuing to wipe her sweat off. She might have done quite a intense exercise seeing how drench she was, as her clothes cling into her body. Glynne has only just notice it just now but the girl's body was on the slim side but with bit of a curve on her hip area. "By the way, I thought you were banned in this place."

Glynne quickly snapped into reality as he quickly dispelled a though inside his head. "Ah well, I finally got to passed my plea when I showed them I can already control my abilities while wearing the suit." he replied while scratching the back of his head. "And besides, someone said to meet me at this place."

Elena was confused at who was the boy was referring to. She was about to ask who when she was suddenly distracted by the commotion that is happening near the entrance. Curious, she took a peek to see what cause it. "W-wait, isn't that Ms. Rita Rossweisse?!" she shouted as she was surprised to see a woman dress in a maid uniform.

It was as expected that people would react this way. Rita Rossweisse, a famous S rank Valkyrja who also a belong to the strongest Valkyrja squad of Schicksal. It's a position most of the girls in this school are dreaming. As such, when a person like that would go to public, she would definitely raise a lot of commotion.

Glynne took a quick glance to the side, "Looks like it... " and just nonchalantly said.

"Just what is wrong with you?!" Elena shouted with how the boy was simply shrugging his shoulders upon seeing such a famous individual. "That's Rita Rossweisse, you know?! Is your eyes so clouded that you cannot see her brilliance?!"

"Yeah yeah, I definitely know who she was..." Well, he was under her care for a year. "By the way, I appreciate you stop shouting at my face." Glynne felt his ears ringing as he tries covering it to avoid anymore damage.

"W-wait, wait, wait! Glynne she's looking this way..... Is my hair alright? I didn't look weird, right? Ah, my shirt is sticking!...." Elena begun to mumble as see was worried about her appearance. Seeing how the sassy rich girl aura of her, getting destroyed by the mere presence of Rita, Glynne can't help but have a wry smile. "No way! S-she's walking this way! Glynne, Ms. Rossweisse is going this way!"

Well, that was not surprising though — Glynne thought was he turned around to face the maid walking towards them.

"Good morning, Glynne" Rita greeted while bowing in a usual maid fashion.

"Mornin' Rita" Glynne greeted back as he wave his hand. "By the way, I would appreciate if you would not do this kind of stunt... " he complained seeing how all attention towards the maid are being shifted to him.

"Oh, I thought you would like drawing a lot of attention." Rita response while putting a hand over her mouth. The boy didn't missed the curved up lips that the maid tries to hide. "Seeing how you've become already known in just a few months after transferring in."

"....." Glynne became silent, or more like he didn't have any words to retort. He knew that Rita was trying to mess with him again. He wanted to fight back but he would always find himself losing.

"G-Glynne?! You knew each other?!" the was distracted when a Elena shouted near his ears again.

Glynne click his tongue and covered his ears as he got away from the noisy girl. "Ah right, your a fan of hers... Should I introduce you?" the boy face Rita again while he is minding the distance between him and the girl. Frankly, he doesn't know if his ears would take it anymore. "Rita, this is Elena Mason. She is one of my teammate alongside Fu Hua."

Rita smiled at the boy's introduction as she face the girl who seems to be fidgeting since she is meeting one of her idols. "Nice to meet you, I am Rita Rossweisse. I hope both you and Glynne are getting along well. "

"Y-yes!" Elena subconsciously said as she stuttered since she can't believe someone so famous is talking to her. "I-it's also nice meeting you too Ms. Rossweisse."

Glynne had a smug look on his face seeing how the infamous Elena breaking her character. It was quite an amusing sight indeed. "Anyways, what did you call me here for, Rita?"

"Oh, didn't I already told you?" Rita responded with her lips curved into a mischievous smile. "I wanted to see how much you have grown since we last met. How about we have a spar?"

"Why did I expected something else..." Glynne muttered as he let out a sigh of defeat.

@@@@@@@@

A few minutes has passed, Glynne was readjusting his battlesuit while positioning himself on the other side of the battlefield. He noticed the crowd around them has increased compared to the number of people inside the training area a while ago. However, it was to be expected since Rita, a famous S rank Valkyja, is fighting a boy who is only a student. The news would surely spread fast in just a couple of minutes leading to the current situation.

"Hm, are you not going to get serious this time?" Rita wondered as she stares at the boy pulling out two tactical knives, one is black as it was made of steel and the other is white as it was made out of honkai parts. He knows the boy's main weaponry, and knife was not included in it.

"Well, there is something I've been wanting to try out." Glynne answered while equiping the knives on both of his hands. He tried swinging them to warm up and then proceeded brandished it menacingly towards the maid. "I'm sure you would be surprised by this."

"Is that so," Rita muttered seemingly a bit disappointed about something. She prepared her weapon, a white scythe with a crimson roses designed on where the blade and the pole met. "I am looking forward on what you have in store. However I wished you would go all out though."

Glynne's lips formed a smirk. "Don't worry, I still plan in going all out." he said as he lowered his stance. "By the way, we're still going by the usual rule, right?"

The usual rule, since Glynne and Rita's strength are clearly on a different level, they had to create a handicap so the boy would have a chance at winning. As such, it lead to the creation of the rule where his objective is to at least land a blow on the maid.

"No, I figured upping the challenge a little bit." Rita responded while she procured a white handkerchief in her pockets and tied it on her right wrist. The boy was confused for a moment at her actions before he finally got where this is going. "The rule is still simple. If you manage to touch this handkerchief, even a graze is fine, then it would be my lose."

Glynne has a sweat run down his forehead. The rule is simple alright, but it has gotten a lot harder compared to the usual. Trying to target a big moving object versus trying to target a small moving object, it is clear which one is easiest. Not to mention, his weapon has such a low range that he need to get close for it to reach. It was a different question if he has a long range weapon like a handgun. However, he still seems to be committed on using the knives.

"Just how much do want to make me suffer.... " he muttered under his breathe. "Alright, let's get started then!" he then shouted like it was a warcry to pump himself up.

"Come.. " Rita said in quite a seductive tone while her hands was taunting for the boy to get closer.

Glynne teeth showed up while grinning. Facing Rita again, he suddenly felt the pressure when he first time got to a spar with her. Perhaps he was excited, or maybe because he was nervous as he tries to hide it on his smile? But one thing for sure is,

"This won't be like last time..." Glynne whispered as he disappeared leaving only a dust cloud.

==============

Yep yep, another action scene is coming... Seriously though, I am aware that I keep slipping on my landing on this one..... I seriously need to polish up this particular skill.

Anyways, up next is some announcement about Glynne that I need some of your opinions.

That said, Thanks for reading.