Chapter 41: Tutor

With multiple trees around him, Glynne look a deep breath as he lowered his stance. On one of his hands was a training pistol. Flicking its safety trigger off, it powered up with a whirling sound as it let out a purple light.

Glynne started looking around as he tries to memorise and observe his surroundings. In between these foliage was a target that was hidden by Fu Hua a while ago. His task was to find and shoot it while doing the trick he did when sparring with Rita.

Focusing his Honkai energy on his feet, his training started with a BOOM. From tree to tree, Glynne used their branches to moved between them with great speed. It was a bit difficult as he needed to be careful to not land on any branches that can easily break. Though he has an option to still change direction mid-air, it was harder to pull sharper angles.

The surrounding around him are changing in a fast pace, but he was able to process it fast enough to able to scan the area thoroughly. Besides, it wasn't really that hard to spot the target as it was colored white, it will stick like a sore thumb compared to the brown and green colors of the forest.

There! — Glynne has spotted it moments after his first jump. It was a few hundred meters from his position, but he was sure that was it. Using a sturdy and flexible branch of a the nearby tree as a slingshot, he charge at it while he aims his gun.

But he ran out of time, he crashed into a some branches before he could pull the trigger. He gradually fell down on the ground and rolled into a bush that was able to soften his fall.

"Are you alright?!" appeared from the bushes and got near the boy to check on his condition. Fortunately, it was nothing big of a concern as he only got a few minor scratches. Other that that, his hair and clothes are messy as dirt and twigs have stuck to them.

"Yeah, I'm alright... " Glynne replied while heaving a huge sigh. He look up to see the leaves swaying with the wind as the morning sun rays penetrated through the gaps. "I guess that's another one to scratch on the failed attempt list."

Shooting accurately while moving is already a difficult thing to do. Especially now that he need to do it while doing a high speed acrobatics as he tries to mind his surroundings so he wouldn't crash into anything. This is the reason why Glynne was using knives when he battled Rita yesterday.

"I don't understand it, why are you fixated in doing this?" Fu Hua asked as she help the boy get up on his feet. Just like she said, this isn't the first time he was doing this. "Aren't you a sniper?" she said confused as the fighting technique he's learning is for those who fight in front.

"Ah, well...." Glynne scratches the back of his head as he was having a hard time finding a word for Fu Hua's question. "This is on the off-chance I would also need to fight in close quarters. Like inside buildings or caves where sniper rifle was hard to use."

It was a valid reason but Fu Hua still find it odd. She narrowed her eyes as she stare suspiciously at the boy.

"........."

"....... W-what?" Glynne felt awkward when Fu Hua started staring at him in silence for a while. The girl didn't answer and just break the staring contest while letting out a sigh.

"Anyways, that's it for today." Fu Hua declared as the time allotted for training has run out. She handed back some of Glynne's stuffs that she kept so it wouldn't get in the way when he practice. This is particularly for his phone as it may break in his pockets with how frequent the boy keep crashing. "By the way, you might want to check your phone. Seems like you got some messages."

Glynne tilted his head at the girl's words and decided to do just that. Operating, his phone, there are multiple messages that came from Kiana. It seems urgent so he quickly fixes himself and goes towards the changing room.