Chapter 30: Training in the Woods

Crash! Glynne slammed himself to a nearby tree.

Since the Valkyrie Promotion Exam is near, the school has given a plenty of free time for the students to improve on what they are lacking.

Glynne was, as expected, training with his battlesuit. However he still can't seem to put the right power as he throw himself multiple times. So many, in fact, that he was banned from the training area as he was putting some of the students in danger.

Right now, he is training in a clearing inside the forest near the school. Except for the insects and birds, there is almost no life in the perimeter. Glynne can train to his heart content, well, at least until he suffered enough injuries.

Glynne stood up again, patting his clothes for the dirt that got stuck. He prepared his stance as he eyed for the tree, a hundred meter from his current position. His goal is to get there in a blink of an eye.

He took a deep breath as a preparation. His eyes sharpened and took the first step. However on the next second, he was sent flying again and slammed into the the tree.

Glynne fell down on the ground again. He turned around to face the skies as he was panting heavily.

"Are you alright?" he was startled when he suddenly heard a voice. He opened his eyes to see Fu Hua looking down on him, a worried expression was plastered on her face.

"... Fu Hua... " Glynne said as he struggled to get up. "What are you doing here?"

"I was worried about you." Fu Hua said as she examines Glynne's injuries. "Seems like you've been training for a while now."

"Yeah, I still can't seem to grab how this thing work." Glynne scratched the back of his head.

"Is that so," Fu Hua was silent for a while as she was thinking about something. "Say Glynne, what about I'll help you?"

"You sure?" Glynne asked, earning a nod from the girl. "Then I would really appreciate it!" Glynne flashed a smile.

Fu Hua's lips curved a bit as she help Glynne get up from the ground. She took her distance and begun explaining what they will gonna do. "Glynne, since you are still having trouble in moving with your legs, how about we should try on your arms first. Try to block my attacks while planting your feet on the ground."

Glynne felt reluctant, he wasn't the type of fighter that like being on defensive, if possible he would like to overwhelm his opponent with numerous attacks. However knowing that he didn't have any choice, he just nodded his head as he lowered his body into a fighting stance.

There was silence for a while. The sound of the branches being rustled by the wind can be heard. There was no person to signal the start, nor any objects that was thrown to became an indicator for it. Both of their eyes sharpened as they tried to read each others mind. 

Fu Hua quickly charges in and opened with an axe kick. Glynne used his right arm to redirect to attack to his side.

Perhaps it was force of habit, despite being instructed to only defend, he uses a left jab to counterattack. Fu Hua dodges to the side and do a punch of her own.

Block, counter, dodge, counter, block; the process repeated for about half an hour.

Fu Hua regain some distance as both of them pant from the intense workout. "Not bad, I'm genuinely surprised you were able to kept up."

"Thanks, you're also not bad yourself." Glynne said with a smirk.

The exercise was still manageable for him. Though he was instructed to stand on his ground, this does not limit him at all, on the contrary it was Fu Hua who limited herself. Moves such was leg-sweep, side kick, palm push, and other moves that might disrupt his stance are sealed. Glynne was able to predict her next moves as it was already been narrowed down.