Chapter 38: Kiana's Worries

Kiana is in a bad mood since yesterday. It was the awaited weekends as such she has a two whole days as a free time. She been wanting to play with Glynne as they haven't spent that much time together this passed few days. However when she went and visited him in his room, he was nowhere to be seen. There is also an option of playing with someone other than him but even Bronya, her usual partner, is missing.

The atmosphere between those two has been quite questionable lately. They act as if they were more than friends but it didn't seem to like they were dating either. However what sealed the deal was what happened last night. Just thinking about it made Kiana felt a tingling pain inside her chest.

In order for her to distract herself from it, Kiana decided play a single player game in the living room. Booting up the game console, the TV screen lit up to show a company logo and then the title of the game "Kallen Fantasy III"

It is a game considered a masterpiece series by the whole community of gamers. Although despite it's popularity, it was infamous for its scarce copies worldwide. Some tried to pirate it but it was proven to be impossible as the codes are hard to crack. That is why, just by getting one copy would earn you a boost in fame.

Yes, it was considered one of the greatest game on earth but.... "Ugh... This is getting boring..." Kiana exclaimed as she throws the controller on her side. It just that, there is that certain charm of playing with someone. Even if the game is good, playing with an AI does not capture that feeling that will make her blood pump in excitement.

Kiana leaned her head on the couch as she glance upside down towards the opened door of the living room. There are no people at the other side but she somehow expecting for someone to appear.

"Are you okay, Kiana?" the white haired girl's line of sight quickly shifted to the direction of where the voice came from. She sees Mei putting down a platter full of freshly baked yam on top the table that is in front of the couch and proceeded to sit right next to Kiana. "Want some?" she offered.

"Thanks" Kiana simply replied as her hands reach for one of the yam. However she failed to noticed that the food is still steaming hot. "Ouch!" she out a shriek from burning herself.

"Geez, please be more careful." Mei scolded. Kiana felt her cheeks heat up a bit as the black haired girl hold her hands to check for any injuries. "Thankfully, it seems like there is nothing to worry about." Mei commented and proceeded to procure a handkerchief to help her friend from grabbing the hot food.

Kiana thanks Mei for the help. Slowly, she begun peeling the yam and blow it with cute 'fuu~ fuu~' sound for it to cool down. Once she judged that it was cold enough she slowly put it in her mouth. "Dewisous~" she proclaimed as her eyes became starry.

"I'm glad you like it" Mei was happy at the compliment and shows a smile at her friends antics. She then proceeded to eat her own share and find herself satisfied with the sweet flavor.

After a few minutes in, the whole platter is empty as both of the girls has finished eating the baked yams. Mei goes to the kitchen and poured some chilled orange juice in a pair of glasses and offered the other one to Kiana.

Seeing her friend drink the cold drink, Mei's mind suddenly wondered at the fustrated sight of Kiana just a while ago. Not to mention, she seems to be quite out of it as evident to the scene where she accidentally burned herself from the steaming hot food.

"Hey Kiana," Mei sat down and captured the attention of her friend. "Is there something bothering you lately?"

"....." Mei noticed how Kiana's mood has gone down again. She watched the girl quietly put down her glass on the table and proceeded to curl up with her knees near her chest.