Chapter 18: Running Wild (Part 1)

"Ai-chan, Show me the live status of the current situation." Himeko commanded.

Since Himeko was the second highest authority next to Theresa, and as the current Captain of the Hyperion ship, which was currently base on Soukai City, she was naturally task to deal with the honkai beast invasion.

A huge holographic screen pop up in front of her. Then a girl with yellow green hair tied in a double bun hairstyle appeared besides it.

"The honkai energy explosion centered around District 7. As of now we are reading 22 honkai beast that appeared. Squads of Valkyries has been deployed around the perimeter to help lessen the honkai from spreading." Ai-chan reported.

"Good," Himeko nodded in satisfaction, "Continue monitoring the situation. For now prioritize the evacuation of the civilians before engaging in any fight." she commanded.

Himeko sat down, feeling a bit tried from all of this. First she has a stressful day job as a teacher, then her date night was cancelled, and lastly this invasion that chooses to occur when she wanted to drink away her sorrow. She massages her head to avoid it from further aching.

"Captain, a call is incoming from the Commander Theresa." Ai-chan said as she interrupted Himeko.

"Put it on the screen...." she said in a tired manner as she sense this is another tiring matter.

The AI girl nodded and begun showing on the screen of a white haired small woman in a nun outfit.

"Captain Himeko, Glynne has gone missing." Theresa said as soon as it was connected.

That boy again, why is he always attracting so much trouble. - Himeko thought to herself. "Didn't you put a tracker on his phone, can't you find him through that?" she asked, hoping that there would be no extra work.

"No, I can't." Theresa said in denial, much to the annoyance of Himeko. "Bronya contacted me a while ago that she cannot find the boy despite all of his stuffs laying around the place where she last saw her."

"Then is it kidnapping?" Himeko remark. "Sorry but I can't help since my hands are currently full"

"I don't think that would be the case as it happen inside the campus. No matter how skilled one can be on stealth, it is impossible to escape from St. Freya's surveillance system while carrying another body." Theresa said in confidence. "That said, our cameras did see Glynne going out of the campus."

"Then aren't you just being paranoid? He might just be loitering around." Himeko said increasingly annoyed.

"With the current situation plus the unknown reason why he left all of his stuffs, it is very unlikely." Theresa said as she shakes her head. "However there is something that Bronya said that bothered me. She told me earlier that he looks like he was frustrated against something before she left him to get his weapons."

"... And what are you getting at?" Himeko said as she crossed her arms and raise her leg to the other. She was wishing in her head that Theresa would just get to the point.

Theresa raise an eyebrow at her subordinate rude actions, but she overlooked it as she knows something bad happened to Himeko earlier. "Did you remember what we talk about the past of the boy?"

With that as a hint, Himeko eyes widen, "Don't tell me-"

"Yeah, it most likely he would do that out of frustration." Theresa confirmed. "Remember this Himeko, Glynne's power is strong but if he overused it, he might get in danger."

"Yeah, I'm on it" Himeko eyes sharpened as she realized the gravity of the situation. She cut the call and immediately execute her order. "All hands on deck! Use all the surveillance on the battlefield! Quickly search for an irregularity!"

"YES MA'AM!!!"

"Captain Himeko!" a crew member called out, after a few moments. "There are signs of honkai beast quickly disappearing right after it manifest" she reported.

"Show me the live feed of it!" she demanded.

"Yes ma'am!" the crew member proceeded to manipulate her computer and put the display on the big screen on front.

The screen shows what look like a human covered in black smoke. The smoke seems to slowly resembles that of a wolf. Honkai beast was manifesting in front of him but as soon as he get near it, the black smoke would engulf them as they will instantly disappear.

It was something the crew never seen before but when Himeko look at eerie glowing green eyes of it, she was sure this is him.

"Ai-chan, lock on that creature's location!" Himeko commanded as she walked to the preparation room. "I'm going in."

@@@@@@@@

The once beautiful city landscape was now flattened in rubbles. Multiple explosions and light flashed can be seen on the distance. This place has clearly turned into a battlefield.

Himeko teleported in with her Battle Storm battlesuit. A skimpy suit with a red and white croptop military jacket, which open up to reveal her black skintight clothes with a white corset. Below was black short pants, and a black thigh-high stocking underneath her pair of black boots. On her hand is a very heavy looking dark blue Greatsword.

 On her hand is a very heavy looking dark blue Greatsword

"Ai-chan, tell me the direction of the beast." she said through her earpiece.

"Yes!" a high pitch voice came through. "The beast is currently less than one kilometer, north west from your position."

"Roger," Himeko said as she started running. Despite carrying a heavy item on her hands, she was able to transverse through the uneven ground without much of a problem. It wasn't soon until she reach her target.

"Am I late....? " she muttered as she look down from a destroyed building. Her target was now fully engulf in the black aura, the original human silhouette is hard to see even if one squint their eyes.

"AAAAAAWWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

It releases a loud howl, enough that Himeko felt her ears are about to burst.

The creatures eyes are no longer green, instead it is now that of blood red color. The black mist like aura begun to harden, the texture looks similar that of a honkai beast.

Himeko didn't know if Glynne can still be safely recovered inside but if she hesitate now, she might be too late to do anything. She is left with no choice but to stop the creature now from further mutation.

"Hahhhh!" Himeko let out a battlecry as she lunged at the creature with her Greatsword overhead.

===========

Thanks for reading!!