Book 4: Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

She tied her chuck taylors twice so that doesn't trip if she needed to run, rubbing her hands together as she got out the carriage carefully. She wouldn't be in any necessary trouble, Madame Maxime and the rest of her school mates were knocked out a couple hours ago. Her wand in her shorts pockets, she hugged her thick jacket clad arms together before running in the castle. She did her best to walk fast and silently, she wasn't going to risk herself getting in trouble now.

She jogged up the grand steps up to the Gryffindor tower and saw the fat lady's portrait slightly open with the fat lady missing. She sighed as she entered, seeing how there was a shoe blocking the portrait from closing, taking the shoe and entering the Gryffindor common room completely.

Finley didn't know what she was expecting, maybe chaos since she knew that the twins were in Gryffindor, but she also remembered that Percy and Hermione were in Gryffindor too. She didn't expect the cozy and comforting vibe of the Gryffindor common room. Red and gold with hints of maroon, despite it being very Gryffindor, it was welcoming unlike the Slytherin common room that looked like it was a drawing room from a castle with their Emerald couches and indoor pools. The Gryffindor common room only had a fireplace and a few stairs, not much lavishness, just a homely vibe that would want you to lay down and play guitar in.

"Finley, you're here," Harry greeted Finley who sat by the fire, he seemed to be talking with someone there. She approached Harry by the fire until she could make out a familiar face in the flames that she quickly slumped on the floor next to her brother.

"Sirius!" She gasped as quietly as she could, she was happy to see him even if he was a flame. If only she could embrace him that would be great but she couldn't and that was the problem.

"It's so good to see you," she tells him.

"It's good to see you too little faery."

"Are you okay? Where are you?" She asks him, worry filling her chest, was he some where safe? Was he in trouble? How was he doing? All that seemed to be so consistent was the piles of worrying Finley was going to do, and it wasn't only with Harry but with her brother's godfather too who was a mistakenly convicted felon.

"I'm some where safe, I can't tell you where incase both of you come looking for me," he tells them both.

"Are you eating at least? You are in the country," she asks.

"I'm fine."

What he was saying wasn't really giving a peace of mind, it only worried her a little more. "Sirius, I'll get Hades to bring you some money. Please take care of yourself."

Sirius chuckled, the flames cackling as he did so. "You sound like your dad, I'm telling you that I'm fine."

"My ass you're on the run, where are you getting your food? You better not be scavenging the bloody trash," Finley scolds him, and seemed that her curses only amused him because for a moment there he saw the ever so fussing Lily Evans in the girl and it pained him a bit. If only their parents were alive, they would either be touched by how their girl has turned to be a mother hen even to her honorary uncle, or James would scourgify his own daughter's mouth for cursing so much.

"I'm telling you now that I am alright Finley, you don't need to worry about me. What you do need to worry about is Harry and the tournament," Sirius tells them both. Finley's breath hitched once again, for a moment she forgot that the first task was coming and her brother doesn't know what was coming, neither did the other champions. Even if she did keep asking Fleur, she too didn't know at all.

"I still don't know what to do, maybe I'll just have to wing it," Harry shrugs, but who does he think he is, he wasn't Dumbledore. He can't just wing it and comeback into the great hall hoping to see the pile of treacle tarts and butter beer on the table just for him.