03.

I FELT HIS EYES STARE AT ME FROM the back of my head as I sat in my Spanish class; listening intently to the professor's lecture. I took a quick glance at him, noticing his tattoo and his scruffy hair; hazel eyes never leaving my figure.

      I continued to pay attention to the lesson, ignoring the fact that he was gawking at me the entire time.

    Once the bell had rung, I rushed towards the door, forgetting the fact I had dropped my book as I left my seat.

   Suddenly, I felt footsteps chase after me, and soon enough I was stopped near one of the lockers as the boy who was known as Freddie extended the book towards me; smiling like a complete idiot.

   "I believe you dropped this," I took the book from his hand, looking into his hazel eyes and finding them to be kind; not dangerous like everyone says he is.

   "Thank you." I said. "I was wondering if you could help me find the parking lot? I'm supposed to go to my dorm, right now."

"How about this: You and I go grab something to eat, smoke a cigarette and then we'll see where it leads to." he drummed his fingers on the lockers, waiting for an answer.

    I thought for a moment, really needing a cigarette and, I was kind of hungry. So why not?

    I was also a little hesitant on whether to go with this stranger. He was a gang member for crying out loud---what if he stabbed me?

  "Well? What's the story, princess?" he asked, his tone growing irritated. I sighed, knowing what I was going to do, was something I was bound to regret.

   "Sure."

   "Let's go, then." he said, taking my hand in his as he led me out of the traffic-like hallway, out into the cold streets of Highgate, England. 

.............

                         "So, yer new here, yeah?" he asked as he faced me once we were out on the field of Cambridge. "Where are you from?"

   "New York," I responded, taking a bite of my burger. "Brooklyn, to be exact."

   "So I'm guessing you used to get into a lot of fights over there, hm?" he stepped closer. "Because I like girls like you, fiesty and willing to put up a fight." he licked his lips, somehow turning me on.

    "I actually have never been in a fight before," I said, scratching the back of my head nervously. "I'm pretty sure you have more experience than I do."

   "Never got your name, love," he extended his hand for a handshake.

   "Amelia," I shook his hand; feeling it's roughness. "Amelia Parker. What's your name?"

   He squeezed my hand tighter, giving me a lopsided grin. "Freddie. Freddie Highmore." he took out a cigarette; lighting it up as he inhaled its toxic. He took it out of his mouth, holding it to me.

    I gladly accepted, inhaling the smoke as I coughed, sighing as the first-day jitters left my shoulders.

     "So what's your story, Morning Glory?" Freddie asked as he pressed his lips onto the cancer stick.

     "Not much to tell," I replied. "I just wanted a change of scenery; find something new in another place." I studied the guy before me, his tattoo in full view. "Y'know, I hear you're the most dangerous kid in this school. Everyone is warning me about being around you."

    Freddie pinned me to the rock wall; his jaw clenched as he stared me down; the smoke escaping his lips as he held his gaze on me.

      "What they don't know, won't hurt their posh asses. You don't know me, and you won't ever get to."

   "Then why am I out here, with you?" I pushed him off; fixing my jacket in the process.

    Freddie scooted closer to me, the smell of Marijuana, cigarettes and cologne entered my nostrils as I felt him smirk against my neck; his hot breath sending chills down my spine.

    "Because, a pretty girl like yourself deserves a night out with a bad boy like me," he chuckled. "I think I will need a punishment."

   "Yeah?" I asked seductively; flicking the cigarette away from us. "And you think a girl like me is going to do that? Do I get you, hard?" I looked down at his jeans, already knowing the answer once I saw the bulge sticking out.

   "You're dirty," I heard him mumble. "why don't we take this somewhere more, private?"

    I pushed him away from me, smirking as I began to walk towards my car.

     "In your dreams, Highmore."

   With a start to the ignition, I drove out to my apartment; where I spent most of the night studying my ass off for my Spanish and Art class.

.............