85.

IT DIDN'T take long for me to be released out of the hospital. The doctors prescribed me medication and advised me to rest for a few days. Although everyone in my car knew I wasn't going to rest -- I had a lot of things to take of: like my mum and Amelia and the baby.

I was now in the guest bedroom, Bertie was telling my mother what had happened. It pained me to hear her cry, but I knew what was going to happen to my dad was for the best. It was about time she healed from the immense pain she'd kept hidden for years. It was about time she broke free.

"Hey, love," Amelia greets me as she sits at the edge of the bed, her hand gently rubbing mine. "how are you holding up?"

I shrug. "I'm okay," I replied. "just a bit shocked about everything. I mean, I knew I was going to see my dad again, I just... I just was hoping he had quit drinking. At least, a small part of me was hoping for that..." I shifted my body a bit so I could get a better view of my girlfriend's flawless face. "But..." I sigh. "I was stupid for thinking he'd changed."

Amelia nodded in understanding. "You're not stupid for thinking that," she said. "as a matter of fact, you were brave for thinking that as a possibility. I know you were scared, babe. But now," she continues. "you can finally rest and not have anymore stress."

"I was, Am." I say truthfully. "I was surprised I was able to talk to him without blowing up." I look down at our hands. "I was scared, partially happy, and fed up with the memories. I just..."

Placing a soft kiss to my forehead, Amelia stroked my hair back soothingly. "It's okay, lovely." she replied. "I want to know that it's okay to have felt those things. How come you didn't tell me before?"

I knitted my eyebrows, still slightly dazed. "Tell you, what?"

"Tell me you were hoping your dad changed."

"Because," I shrugged once again. "I was afraid you'd laugh at me, scold me... I don't know."

"You mind if I hold you?" Amelia asked suddenly.

I look at her quizzically. "Why are you asking?"

"I want to respect you first before I do anything." she states simply. "So?" she quirks an eyebrow. "Do you mind?"

I slowly move a bit to the left to give her room to lie down adjacently to me. I sigh and close my eyes, and before I knew it, I felt my body become at ease with the warm feeling of Amelia's small hands draped around me.

"I love you, Amelia Parker," I say suddenly. "Thank you."

...