36.

EVAN QUIETLY PLACED the bullets into the pellet holder of the gun; the clicks barely audible from outside of the room. He opened the door silently, careful not to wake up Amelia.

He now hovers over Freddie's hospital bed, pointing the gun right at his head. Just as his finger was about to pull back the trigger, Amelia pulled him away; covering his mouth with a handkerchief.

Instead of calling security, she took a hold of Evan's gun and pointed it right at him.

"On your feet." she ordered. Evan did as he was told, mentally beating himself up for listening to the slag.

Amelia pushed the male towards the door, demanding that he walks out into the parking lot of the hospital building.

"Listen here you son of a bitch," she growls. "The next time I see any of you near Freddie, I'm going to make sure you die."

Evan laughed, tilting his head back.

"You're nothing but a desperate bitch," he sneers. "Ye can't even hold the fuckin' gun right." He casually takes the weapon back and without warning, shoots Amelia in the leg; causing the young nineteen-year-old to topple to the concrete ground.

Evan crouches down to her level and snickers.

"I'll be back to get my master's revenge."

..

"Good God," the doctor groaned, "you really need to stay away from those hoodlums, Ms. Parker." he finished up his stitches and shook his head. "They're nothing but trouble."

With that, he walked out of the room; leaving Amelia to get teary-eyed, in fear of losing Freddie and in frustration because she still is oblivious to the gang life that LFOUR portrayed.

"He really got ye good."

Sitting up, Amelia's jaw dropped once she saw Freddie dressed in his white t-shirt and jeans. He leaned against the doorframe, his body aching from the minor pain he felt.

Maybe miracles did exist. . .

"Freddie?!" she clasped her hand over her mouth in shock. "How---How?!"

Freddie laughed, then made himself comfortable as he lied adjacently to the girl in the hospital bed.

He wrapped his arm around her, pulling Amelia closer to him.

"Maybe it was because an angel was looking out for me."

...