12.

". . .MOTHER, I'M FINE," Amelia reassured her mother as she spoke to her on the phone. She turned to me, pleading to help with an excuse.

      "Tell her you had been sick," I mouthed. She nodded. "Ma, I'm okay. I've just been sick. Everything's fine."

      "Damn it," she cursed as she hung up. "she's going to come visit in two weeks."

      I reached over and rested my hands on her waist, leaning down to kiss her lips in reassurance.

      She pushed me away. All I could do was look at her confusingly.

    "What did I do now?" She stopped dead in her tracks; turning sharply to face me.

     "I'm just another bitch to you. Don't kiss me just because I'm upset. Don't kiss me because I'm nothing to you. Why don't you go and kiss that redheaded prostitute you banged at that party? You know, the one you said was the best." she walked away, opening the door and left my flat.

-

                               The bell had rung for lunch, and I waited patiently for the class to empty itself; knowing that Amelia was the last one to leave Art.

               I quietly walked in, a rose behind my back as I stepped in front of her desk. She avoided my gaze as she walked over to put her pastel painting up by the instructor's desk. I grabbed her shoulder and made her face me.

      I handed her the rose to which she took. She smelled it, then looked up at me; her eyes greener than usual.

          "No more girls," I said, taking her fingertips in mine.

     "Yeah right," she scoffed and attempted to walk away when I stopped her and cupped her face in my hands. I pressed my lips onto hers, pulling back a moment later.

        "Will you go out with me?" I asked. "And I mean really go out, not just for a quick fuck."

       "You're kidding me, right?" she smiled, not believing it.

        "I would only be kidding if I walked out of this pansy ass classroom to go for a smoke now wouldn't I?" she laughed, then nodded.

     "So will you? You know, be my girlfriend?"

      "How does this answer your question?" she reached up on her toes and kissed me; her arms wrapped around my neck. I placed my hands on her waist, slipping my tongue in her mouth as our lips moved in sync.

       "Ahem!" we both turned around to see the Art instructor point towards the door. We both blushed as Amelia apologized and we left the classroom, hand in hand.

.....