78.

"YOU DOING okay, Am?" I asked as I stood outside the guest bathroom door. After her threat of pissing on me passed, the bathroom was silent. I usually wasn't this antsy, however, I needed to know if Amelia was pregnant. If she was, then I can proceed the necessary steps into being who she needed me to be.

"I'm fine," Amelia finally answered after a minute. "I'll be out in a few."

"Okay," I replied. "I'll be on the bed."

Without another reply, I went to the bed we were bound to share. I continued to look at my phone and scrolled through my Google feed. As I tapped on an article, I come to recieve a text from Luke, one of the lads of LFOUR.

Max's funeral will be held on Sunday. You're still coming, yeah?

I immediately typed out a reply.

Yeah, why wouldn't I? I was his best mate. Of course I'm going to go! How are things at the warehouse?

A few minutes later, Luke replied back.

Not good. Harold lost our supply. Why haven't you gotten rid of him yet, Highmore?

I felt my jaw tense up at the disrespectful attribute presented to me.

Because, Hemmings, I don't want to. I'm in charge of this group. If ye don't fuckin' like it, then ye can go fuck off.

Alright, man. I'm sorry. I guess everything having to do with losing Max has gotten to me. Calum says hi, and he also wants to blaze you out after Max's funeral.

Before I could type out a reply, the bathroom door opened. I looked up to see Amelia fixing her shirt as she closed the door behind herself.

"Well?" I asked, sitting upright.

Amelia bit her lower lip nervously.

"I'm pregnant."

...