Chapter 22.

Grace

My favourite person in the world is giving me the perfect movie welcome.

I can spot Mike as soon as I enter the arrivals area at the airport.

He's hard to miss, holding a big sign that has "best cousin ever" written on it.

I laugh at Mike's silliness, but at the same time let the warmth spread from my heart.

I have missed him so much.

"Gracie!!" he yells through the waiting area when he sees me.

Gracie is reserved for my closest friends and family. 

My mind wanders to Christian and how he's never called me Gracie, I'm always GG for him. My heart sinks a little.

"What's up, babe?" Mike embraces me in a big hug.

"I have missed you so, so, so much," I say into his chest. Ugh, why is he so tall. I have to turn my head back to look up to his face.

"Missed you, too," he grabs my suitcase and leads me to his car.

This trip is going to be so much fun.

But first I have to text mom and dad to let them know I made it here safely. Then I have to text Ali and Becky and Jungkook as well. And I've decided to call Christian to let him know.

After all of that is done we are already at his apartment he shares with a guy named Peter. Apparently he's one of the best coders in the whole school.

"Get comfortable, I just have to finish something and then we're grabbing dinner," Mike says and leaves me alone in his room.

I look around and a picture on his nightstand brings a smile to my lips. It's us when we were seven. We're dressed in Mickey and Minnie Mouse costumes, singing and dancing. Fun times.

I try calling Christian again, since he didn't answer before, but I don't have luck this time around either. 

Instead I just reply to Ali and FaceTime Jungkook.

"Hey," I say and lay on my back onto Mike's bed.

"Heyoo, how was the plane ride?" Jungkook asks and I can see he's covered in paint.

"What are you doing?" I try to squint and see what's going on behind him, but I can't.

"Working on a project," he answers vaguely. Is he finally finishing the wall?

"Are you for real making me guess what you're doing, Koo?" I challenge.

"If you can guess, I'll buy you coffee the next time we go to the Coffee Hut," he bets.

"The wall, you're painting your bedroom wall," I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

By the way he pouts I'm right.

"Whatever," he mumbles while I wear a victorious smile.

He tells me about his plans with Sarah and I'm about to tell him about what happened with Christian in the morning when Mike walks in.

"Is that Mike?" Jungkook asks. I'm so happy they've become friends. Even better than I had expected.

"Hey, JK, what's up?" Mike takes the phone out of my hands.

"Busy as always, you?"

"Getting ready for dinner with this pretty girl," Mike says and changes the camera from filming selfie-mode to back-mode and shows Jungkook how I'm sprawled all over the bed.