Chapter 27.

Grace

It has been 2 weeks since the stare-down at Jungkook's house.

And I'm feeling better.

Mostly because the guys made sure Christian wouldn't bother me at campus.

And because Ali and Becky made a whole-weekend plan to distract me and help me move on.

I have also officially decided to focus on myself and give myself a break from guys and relationships.

I've wasted enough of my time already and I'm not planning on messing up this internship.

Applications were due yesterday and I made sure everything was perfectly done on mine. Now comes the actual hard part - waiting for the answer and the possibility of an interview.

I hope I get it so bad. It would practically insure my career after university.

But for tonight at least, I'm going to try to forget about it and spend some quality time with my friends.

It's finally warm enough outside for dresses and I've just bought a new one during the girls weekend with Ali and Becky.

Speaking of my best friends, they will be here in half an hour so I better hurry.

I pull the dress from my closet and I absolutely have to wear this one.

It's emerald green, the colour of our school baseball team, meaning it's perfect for this occasion, since I'm going there to support them.

How could I not after they've been just the best.

I rarely wear dresses, but today I'm feeling this. I'm ready just in time when I hear Ali's car pull up.

Becky is already in it when I open the door and slide in.

I can't believe I used to think they wouldn't get along. In just a few weeks they've gone form practically strangers to best friends.

"Damn, girl," Becky says when I buckle up.

"You both look amazing," I compliment my best friends, because they really do. Ali's wearing a light pink dress and Becky a white one.

It may look like we arranged this whole wearing-a-dress thing, but I swear, we didn't.

Still, I love that I'm not the only one wearing it.

"Looks to me like you're ready to get back out there," Ali chirps from behind the wheel.

My smile fades only a little, which is a good sign. I'm completely okay with talking about it and I appreciate them tying to lighten up the mood.

As much as I would like to 'get back out there' I feel like my decision is a good one. I need to focus on myself now.

The arena is packed by the time we get there, who knew?

I'm just kidding, baseball games are a big deal on this campus. And I just so happen to know the star players and hence always have a seat saved.

Since the season started they have games every weekend, and I've been to every one that they've played home. Than's why I lead my friends directly to our seats.

And we're just in time too, the players are about to come on the field.

The seats, by the way, are amazing. We're so close I can feel the concentration radiating off the players.

I never thought I would become a fan of this game, but once the boys sat me down and explained it to me, with real examples on their yard, and once I kept coming to their games, I have to admit, I kinda love it.