Chapter 23.

Grace

"Koo, what's up?" I yell into the speaker. I can barely hear over the music.

"Babe, I need you to listen to me right now," his tone is serious, I've only heard him speak like this a couple times before.

"Give me just a sec," I sneak my way through the crowd and step outside. I can finally breathe some real air, it's so stuffy in there. "What's going on? Are you okay?" I'm starting to get worried.

"I'm fine, but that's not why I'm calling," I can feel the struggle in his voice, "babe, can you call Christian after we hang up?"

"Christian? Why?" I'm so confused.

"Please, Grace just trust me. After we hang up, call Christian," I don't think I can bear how tortured Jungkook's voice sounds any longer.

"Okay, yeah I will, you know I trust you," I can feel a knot forming in my stomach.

"Just remember, I'm always here for you no matter what," his voice is thick with emotion.

"Always and forever...okay I'm calling him now," I say and hang up.

I dial Christian's number and wait. My mind is spinning. Jungkook wouldn't alarm me without a reason.

"Mhm?," a mumbled reply comes from the other side.

I don't answer. I'm frozen in place.

"Who's this?" Christian asks when I'm still quiet. "Mmm, nobody important, baby, I'm right here," a girl's voice says just loud enough for me to hear her too.

My phone falls from my hands. I can't listen to this anymore. I can't move.

The crash of my phone with the concrete must have been loud enough to break Christian and the girl out of their trance and look at the phone, or at least that's what I assume, because I can hear him curse. And I've never heard him curse before.

"Shit, baby, GG, you there?" he sounds panicked.

I don't know how long I sit on the pavement, I can hear Christian mumble a hundred apologies and eventually hang up. I hear people coming out of the club, but I don't bother looking up. I stay like this until Mike finds me.

"Grace, I've been looking everywhere for you," his forehead wrinkles as he takes in the scene before him.

He picks up my phone and sees the twenty missed calls from Christian and my tear-stained cheeks and know what time it is.

He takes my hand and gets me up on my feet and into a big, warm hug.

What just happened?

---

I'm shaking a bit when Mike sits me down on his bed.

"What happened, Grace? You're freaking me out a bit," the worry in his voice only made it worse and the tears that had just stopped came rolling down my cheeks again.

In between sobs I explained, "Christian," sob, "he cheated on me," deep breath, "I just heard it through the phone." I finish and curl into a ball.

I want this to be a dream.

"He what?!" Mike sounds mad, and when I look at him I can see his tensed jaw and straight lips. I've never seen him this mad, except when a boy was picking on my in elementary school.

I wanted to stop crying, I wanted to be strong in this moment, but I just couldn't. It felt as if my whole body was made of liquid. 

"So let's get this straight," he sat down next to me and stared petting my hair, "you called him and heard what exactly?" his tone was unforgiving. I wondered what he would do if we were in my apartment right now.