Chapter 26.

Jungkook

My hands are shaking a little and my jaw is tense. I can't calm down.

Grace just told me what happened after we had hung up and showed me the countless texts she's gotten from Christian since.

C: I'm sorry, please let me explain.

C: GG you know she meant nothing, talk to me.

C: fine, you don't want to come see me, I'm coming to see you!

C: where the hell are you?

The last one was sent just a few minutes ago.

Grace winces every time she says his name. She's hurting, but I can see her toughness shining through. I know she can get over this.

The phone chirps again and we both look at hers, but this time it's mine.

It's Sarah.

S: where are you?

Oh, right. I forgot to tell her I'm not coming to class today.

When Grace notices my frown she says, "You can tell her, I don't want to come between you two."

This girl. She keeps surprising me. I love that she trusts me this much.

While I'm quickly explaining the situation to Sarah over text, Grace gets another text.

I can feel all of my muscles tense and so can Grace, "It's just Becky." I relax.

J: I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, I'm not coming to classes today. Helping Grace deal with a situation. I'll call you later.

Even though Grace gave me the green light to tell Sarah, I don't. 

Sure, they get along, and it makes me happy that they do. But still, this is Grace's personal thing and I'm not going to share it with someone who's not close to her.

We put down our phones and the air gets heavy again.

Grace breaks the silence with a confident voice...well as confident as it can be in this moment.

"I'm going to talk to him," I look at her, my jaw ticking, "not right now," she adds quickly. "When I'm ready to hear what he has to say and the pain subdues." I'm about to object, "I need to do this, I need to hear it and move on for good." her tone is final.

Although, I still want to beat the shit out of this cheater, and I know the guys would have my back, Grace strongly opposes when I tell her.

"Don't go around being stupid, Jungkook," she shoots my idea down, "I know how important baseball is for you, don't you dare waste your chance by hitting some loser who isn't even worth it."

My clenched fists relax. I knew I had to talk to her first. I give in, but not without a little warning, "If he ever touches you again, I'm not going to care about what you said." now my tone is final.

And by the way Grace's head shoots up and her eyes grow, so much that I can see the fire blazing in her, "I can live with that."

Now that that's out of the way and we can finally breathe, Grace calls Becky and Ali and they agree to meet in the afternoon. Until then we can just relax.

I turn the computer on and we browse for some movies.

We're about to start watching one when the yelling starts.

"Grace!" whoever's yelling sounds pissed, "I know you're here! Come out, now!"

The second I see Grace's panicked face I know what's up.

How did he find out Grace is here?

I take another look at the big, terrified eyes and trembling lip, and I am out the door.

Grace catches up to me at the front door. "Jungkook, I don't want to see him," her voice is trembling.

"Why do you think I'm opening this door? I'm telling him to leave, right now." I don't care how mad I look right now. There is no way in hell he's getting a look at Grace.

"Don't come outside," I order her and open the door to face the yelling jerk.

"You!" he points his finger at me and snarls, "you did this!" Christian's face is red and his teeth bared.

Grace

Christian's voice isn't what I remember it. It's not sweet and gentle, it's vicious.

My heart is pounding, if I had to face him right now I think I would break.

But not Jungkook. His voice comes out cold and sharp, "Leave."

Realising he won't get a reaction out of Jungkook, Christian's voice turns soft, "Grace, GG, I know you're here. Come out so we can talk."

Jungkook turns his head to look at me and the tough look in his eyes tells me he won't let me go anywhere near Christian.

But the problem is he doesn't shut up, "GG, you don't even know what you heard, I was at a bar, for god's sake." Christian's voice is growing angrier.

I know what I heard, and Jungkook knows what he saw. Christian is lying.

"This is all this jock's fault, GG, there was no girl, he's just trying to steal you away from me to get into your pants!" Christian's voice is growing louder but also more desperate.

After neither I nor Jungkook respond to his comments, he snarls, "I'm coming in and you're coming with me!"

My heart is beating so hard it's about to jump out of my chest. I start shaking my head, no, no, no. I've never been afraid of a guy before, especially not Christian, the one who I've given my love, my kisses and my body to.

I can't stop shaking when a strong set of arms hugs me tight.

Tae is hugging me tight while I spot all of the boys heading to the door. 

They stand behind Jungkook, creating an impenetrable wall. This stops Christian in his step. 

I look up at all of my protectors, unyielding and unbreakable. I can finally calm down.

"Leave," Jungkook says one last time, the coldness startles even me. I've never heard him so serious.

This time Christian listens, I can hear his car drive away.

"I'm so sorry," I say when the boys come inside.

"You've got nothing to be sorry about," Namjoon touches my shoulder, "this just showed his true nature."

"If anything, I'm sorry, Grace, that you have to go through this," Jimin gives me a warm hug.

When they leave I look up at Jungkook.

His jaw is still tense, his lips are pressed into a thin line and his eyes are burning. His chest is rising up and down and his muscles are so tense I can see them through his shirt.

And damn if it doesn't make me feel some things. How can he look so hot while he's radiating anger?

When he meets my eyes, his features immediately soften. His voice is almost a whisper, "Are you okay?"

"I will be."

I just don't know when.