Chapter 25.

Grace

I don't want to open my eyes yet. I want to stay wrapped in this blanket and buried in the mountain of pillows.

Ugh, why does he know me so well?!

I open my eyes and try to figure the direction of the freshly brewed coffee.

My eyes land on a muscular back, leaning over a desk.

Jungkook is sitting at his table, drawing. That's my guess at least, because I can't see past his wide shoulders.

I trace his muscles down his back, oh yeah, did I mention he's shirtless?

This isn't anything new, I've seen him without a shirt plenty of times, just like I've seen all of his roommates. 

What? They walk around shirtless...am I going to tell them not to? It's their house, besides, why on earth would I tell them to cover up their ripped bodies.

But this feels different for some reason.

I've never had the time to actually look at him, I've only had brief glances, because I didn't want to stare. If it made me uncomfortable when a guy started at my chest, why would I do the same?

I stir in bed and the noise makes Jungkook turn around.

When he sees I'm awake a warm smile spreads over his face and he grabs a cup from his desk and hands it to me.

In the mean time I sneak a look at his shirtless front. 

My mouth waters at the sight of his toned abs and slim waste.

Why haven't I noticed that before?

And why am I noticing it now?

It's just my mind trying to forget about Christian, I convince myself.

But as soon as I'm reminded of him, my heart feels heavy again. And I was on such good path yesterday.

Jungkook proved to be amazing yet again. He didn't push me or try to bring him up. He simply let me have a night before gathering my thoughts.

And I thank him for that, "Thank you, Koo," I say when he hands me a cup of coffee.

I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee, it's probably one of my top three favourite smells. Number one would have to be the smell of rain, number two is the smell of a new book and number three is the smell of coffee.

And Jungkook smells like all of them when he leans in to caress my hair before settling on the bed in front of me.

"I told you yesterday, babe, I'm always here," his tone is thick with sincerity. 

I look at the cup in my hands and then at him. I noticed his gaze quickly turn upwards, I swear it lingered on my chest just a little too long.

And once I get to the bathroom I understand why.

The shirt I'm wearing isn't exactly low cut, but it does have a wide collar. A wide collar that had apparently slipped a little too low and was showing a good amount of my bra.

And even though I am incredibly comfortable around Jungkook, he has never seen me without a shirt. Sure, there have been some times when I changed in his room or whatever, but I don't think he ever saw me, hell, I don't even think he noticed I was changing.

So this lingering look had to be just shock or surprise.

Once I emerge from the bathroom, clean and refreshed, I'm ready to talk.

Jungkook's at the desk again, but he's standing at it.

Still shirtless, by the way.

I sneak behind him, and latch onto his right arm. I do this all the time, but I've never done it without any clothes on him. 

Oh, no bad idea. Bad idea.

He smiles down at me and puts the papers neatly into a folder.

I trace his tattoos. I've never seen all of them so close. They are beautiful.

Jungkook clears his throat and I let go of him.

"You hungry?" he asks, I'm starving actually.

Jungkook's lips curve at the ends and he winks at me.

My breath hitches. He's winked at me a thousands times. Why does it feel like I have butterflies in my stomach? It's because you want to keep your mind off Christian and Jungkook is right in front of you, I yell at myself.

"What?" I ask when he doesn't stop musing.

"I got Jin to make you breakfast," he says a proud smile stretching over his gorgeous face. I love this kind of smile on him. It shows his real personality, which is dorky AF, if you didn't know by now.

"No way!" I yell and I'm already rushing down the stairs.

The smell hits me before I even reach the kitchen. And when I do, I see Jin with his "Mama Bird" apron and a table full of food.

When Jin spots me and sees the big grin on my face he instantly relaxes. I think he expected to see a zombie version of me, and to be honest I expected that as well. 

But I'm feeling okay... at least for now. I'm talking about this with Jungkook after breakfast. And for the time being I can smile and cherish it.

I sit at the table and look around. Jin went full out.

They know how much I love sweet breakfasts. Jin made French toast, muffins, waffles, there is Nutella, jams, orange juice, coffee, a bowl of fruits - all my favourites, of course - apples, blueberries, grapes, peaches, raspberries, mangoes. 

It's my dream breakfast.

I look around and the table slowly starts to fill up. Jungkook's sitting on my right, Yoongi, Namjoon and Hobi have joined us. And Jin is carrying the last plate of freshly made pancakes to the table just as Jimin and Tae sit down.

I love this.

There is no better way to describe it.

I love what they're doing for me.

We eat the breakfast without them asking me if I am okay once. They know I'm not. And I appreciate it.

They carry the conversation with baseball and a game coming up next weekend.

"You have to come," Jimin chirps while eating an apple.

"Yeah, baby-doll, we need some moral support," Jin says in a teasing tone.

"After this incredibly sweet gesture there isn't even a possibility I'm not there," I say and watch their faces either smile shyly, redden or look away with a little embarrassment, "thank you."

"Anything for you, you're family," Yoongi says. I've always felt like he was the most distant of them, but once we both let our walls down just a bit they kept cracking. And now I can't imagine not spending time with Yoongi.

Slowly the guys disappeared from the table. I offered to help them clean up, but Namjoon insisted they had it covered. They even let Jungkook off the hook, but Jin made sure Jungkook knew this was the only exception.

And now we were sitting on his bed again.

I have classes today, but I don't care. "When are your classes?" I ask Jungkook, because I don't want him missing his on my account.

Jungkook reaches for his phone and checks the time. It's 9.

"An hour ago," he shrugs and puts the phone down.

"What?!" I jump off the bed, "what are you still doing here?" I try to drag him out of bed, but he doesn't even bulge.

"I'm taking the day off," he pulls me back on the bed and his tone grows serious, "we're talking about this."

I gulp and sit opposite of him, our crossed legs touching.

"Okay," I exhale and tell him how the night went after his phone-call.