Chapter 5.

Jungkook

Mom took me out for lunch, but I couldn't fully focus on what she was saying. I'm pretty sure it was something about the class she teaches and the Christmas fair, but I was too out of it, I was feeling an idea forming in my mind.

It warms my heart that my mom's happy here. We moved because of me, because I got a full scholarship at Blue Side. At first I felt guilty that she felt like she had to move too, especially now that I live with the guys and not her. But she's thriving here, unlike where we used to live.

After my dad died, no one looked at us the same anymore. I couldn't stand the pity in their eyes, so when I was offered a ride to this university, I took it without a second thought.

It's not always easy, with the practice and the schoolwork, but I can't blow it. Nothing can ruin my focus right now. The team, the scholarship, my future are too important.

I finally make it home at two in the afternoon, my hands eager to get to work. The break officially starts tomorrow, I'm finally going to have enough time to work on my video game.

That reminds me, I have to get to make my idea come to life.

No one is home, so I make myself a coffee and clean my desk. I grab my pencils and my sketch book.

I suddenly have an inspiration for the main character. I created an outline during the lunch and I let my hands do the work.

---

By the time I look at my phone it's already 5 pm. And I have my female lead.

I look at the end product and she seems oddly familiar. 

I'm tired as hell and done with drawing for the day. I only have the finishing touches left for tomorrow. 

But now it's time for dinner. I heat up the leftovers from yesterday and take the plate up to my room. I settle on my bed and turn on my laptop. I'll just watch a movie until the guys get back.

Grace

How is it already December 17.? Time is going by way too fast.

I only have 10 days before Rebecca's birthday and I still don't have a gift. I've asked Maya and Liza, but they don't have any ideas, as usual.

I guess I'll have to come up with something. But I'm super swamped with school work. While others have a vacation, I have 3 assignments and 2 papers to write till the end of the year.

Better get to work.

---

"Yes!" I yell from the couch of my apartment.

"Oh my God," yells Ali back, "I almost spilled this all over myself," she points at the steaming hot cups of coffee in her hands.

"Sorry, but I finally found the perfect gift" I say, already ordering it online.

"The gift for Rebecca?" asks Ali when she sits down next to me.

I show her what I found on my computer. It's a makeup bag, one she's been wanting for ages and I've finally found it.

I send a text to Maya and Elizabeth to let them know I got the gift and we agree to give it to her at her birthday party.

She's having it on the twenty-sixth, although her actual birthday is on the twenty-seventh, but she wants  to celebrate it with us at midnight at a bar in town called Connelly's, shortly Con's.

"Will you come?" I ask, hoping she says yes. I need someone there with me when Becky finds a guy and forgets about me.

"You know I have that dinner with my dad, Gracie," her tone is gentle, she knows I don't particularly like parties.

"Yeah, I know..." I also know how important this dinner is for her, since her dad is visiting after a really long time.

"I promise I'll stop by if we finish early," a smirk forms on her lips and her eyes twinkle playfully.

"Do you just want to see your chemistry guy?" ha, I totally got her.

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes, "keep working on your part."

We'd decided to pair up for the assignments and it's been so much easier this way, and at least it's fun.

---

It's Christmas Eve and I'm just putting the cookies in the oven, while Rebecca is sitting on the couch setting up a film while I clean the kitchen.

We've just eaten our Christmas dinner, and now we're just having a chill evening.

Since we're both from the same town, we decided to visit our families after the new year. I'm way too swamped with school, and Becky doesn't want to drive back alone, hence we're spending our Christmas together.

We have also banned presents this year and instead made ourselves a nice dinner. She took care of the salads and I took care of the main dish and desserts.

I plop on the couch and set our hot chocolates on the coffee table before us. Becky has chosen a film, Home alone, a classic. We turn it on and eat the freshly baked cookies, while we laugh our asses off during the film.

Jungkook

It's Christmas Eve, and I'm in the living room with my friends. 

After a brunch with mom, we went to the mall and bought each other a present. I got a bracelet for her, and she got me a new beanie. We know each other so well, it was exactly what I needed.

Now I'm beating Tae - destroying should be more like it - in a video game, and Jimin is nearly crying because he's laughing so hard at the legendary defeat.

The house smells delicious, thanks to Jin and Yoongi, the table is all set, thanks to Hobi and Namjoon, and our living room is decorated thanks to us, the three youngest. It's snowing outside and this is turning into a perfect Christmas.

It has only started to hit me that Jin and Yoongi aren't going to be spending Christmas with us next year. They're seniors, graduating this year and then leaving to work in different cities. 

They are actually really lucky, the companies they have interned for, offered them a permanent job. Jin's going to become the head of publicity for a company and Yoongi is going to become a producer for an entertainment company.

That's why we have to make this year the best one yet.

It kind of scares me that in a year I'm going to have to look for an internship like Joon and Hobi are doing right now. I have no idea what I want to do.

Hobi is probably going to stay in the sports business, I'm sure one of the big teams is going to recruit him.

As for Namjoon, he's the smartest person I know. Any company would be lucky to have him.

Even Jimin and Tae have some plans, but me? None.

I've even gone so far to make a new year's resolution list, hoping it could help me figure out what I could do in the future.