"You should've convinced your mum to adopt her," Theo says.

"Well don't you think I tried for I don't know, the whole bloody Summer?" Blaise snaps. He was in Italy for crying out loud, he didn't have the chance to have his mother run necessary bits of paper work to adopt her, for all they knew, Mirelle Thorns beat them to it.

His mother was always on Severus Snape's case for kicking Finley out the house, she demanded to have Finley under her care. And only a compromise came out that Finley was to stay with Mirelle Thorns who lived in London.

"Have any of you received a letter from Evans?" A familiar voice asked from behind the two boys, they both turned behind them to see Draco as upset as they were. "She never had a problem with returning my letters during the summer."

"You've been writing to her?" Theo asked in amusement, the last time he heard Finley write to Draco was when the idiot got himself turned into a ferret. And that was just last week.

"She wrote to me first, she would be devastated to know learn that I've stopped writing to her," Draco scoffs as he plopped himself down next to the two Slytherin boys. They knew who was devastated now, but it wasn't Finley.

"When was the last time you received a letter from her?" Blaise asked, he really didn't want to ask, but he wasn't willing to hear Theo's rants about Finley not returning their owls.

"Just before the train back," Draco says poking around the table for something he would actually eat unlike the past couple of days when Finley's letters stopped coming in. He lived off of sugar quills and peppermint frogs, he ate toast on mornings, and by lunch he would have cake, dinner he would either place a parchment on the table and nibble on a few lamb chops or not. Yes the boy was devastated that her letters stopped coming. It was a miracle that he wasn't sent to hospital wing for unhealthy eating, and Theo could've sworn that he was starting to permanently smell like sugar and peppermints.

"We have until the end of next month to learn if she's coming to the tournament or not," Blaise reasons, still hoping that Finley was on a carriage with the rest of Beauxbatons students.

"But I doubt she would be, she's not of age to compete," Draco reasons while he started to stab his pancakes with a knife.

"Oh don't damper our optimism you blond baboon," Theo scoffs taking a rather large gulp from his pumpkin juice. It was until he noticed a familiar white Eurasian owl that he almost choked to death. Coughing and pointing at the owl that just arrived, Blaise and Draco aided him and were as equally hopeful that the owl was containing letters for them.

"Isn't that Hades?" The three boys heard someone from the Gryffindor table ask, not bothering to find out who it was, they hoped that it was for them. But no, it landed on the teacher's table.

"She send Snape a letter, great," Theo huffs, slumping back on his seat, forehead on the table.

"Look! The owl is flying again!"

Oh lord the anticipation was killing the three slytherin boys, and six gryffindors.

"HE LANDED ON THE HUFFLEPUFF TABLE?!" A voice rang exasperatedly but it wasn't loud enough to catch everyone's attention, just enough for someone to smack the living daylights out of the one who yelled.

Cedric didn't know what to think exactly, Finley hasn't been writing to him as frequently as she did her brother and friends, but when she does write him he always liked replying as often as he could. But after a whole month of seeing Finley's brother and friends moping around in the castle for no replies, imagine his surprise when her owl landed on the table in front of him. Attached to the owl was not only a letter, but a bunch of them all tied in ribbons corresponding to their houses. He was a messenger for the day he gathered as much. And maybe he knew why Finley resorted to this measure, he was the mediator, Switzerland to the two rivalling houses. Only he knows enough to know that if the owl landed on either house the never ending spat against the group of friends on either house was inevitable.

"Who are those from?" Ernie his best friend asked, taking one yellow ribboned letter in his hands. "Are these from that Slytherin girl who transferred?"

"Yes," he says, taking the yellow ribboned letter his friend hand and opened it.

Cedric,

I apologise for not writing to you as often, and I feel embarrassed to even ask you to do this. Don't tell my brother or my friends that I'm coming to the event, I don't know how I did it but I managed for Snape to sign my trip permission. I wrote him a thank you letter you see, and now my request to you is that you delivered the letters to them. You know how house rivalry is, if Hades landed on either of their tables they would most definitely annoy the rest of the castle.

You know how it goes, red for Gryffindors, green for Slytherins, and yellow for Hufflepuff (for you obviously as you are reading this letter).

In your letter I attached something you might use during this year, just maybe. Don't tell them I sent you a gift, they'll be sending howlers here before I even arrive.

Thanks again Ced, miss you!

Finley.

Cedric chuckled to himself, he folded the letter neatly as he tied it back up again. He just knew Finley worried so much for her friends and hated the house rivalry as much as Cedric did, one of the many things he had in common with the girl.

"I have a delivery to take care of," he says happily after reading the letter, feeding the white Eurasian owl some owl treats that he carried around, gathering the letters and walking to the respective table of either house.

Even if he was Switzerland, he could feel the glares three Slytherin boys gave him, not that it bothered him. It was amusing to say the least, their possessive attitude over Finley never really stopped even if she was a Potter and even when she left. He was witness to the jinxing the three of them did when they hear a rumour going around involving Finley. He found it respectable that they still had her back even if she wasn't attending Hogwarts anymore.

"Hey, Harry!" He greeted with a wide smile, placing five envelopes on the table for them. "Finley had me deliver them to you," he explains sheepishly, he didn't want to offend Harry as he was the one who had his letter first from Finley before they did.

"Why are you the messenger owl today?" Harry asked grinning, even he can't deny how the whole situation is.

"Little faery doesn't want a hexing party if her owl landed on either of your tables first," he says, fist bumping Fred and George who had just gotten their shared letter from Finley.

"See you around mate," Cedric waved as he walked towards the Slytherin table, the glares stopped but the constant staring didn't stop either. He shrugs it off, he sat next to Blaise who faced Draco and Theo. He placed three green ribboned letters on the table as if they were poker cards.

"I'm Switzerland today, Finn asked me to deliver these to you personally because she's scared of Hades losing the wit to fly if he landed on either of your tables," he began with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Okay Switzerland," Blaise rolled his eyes, opening his letter in haste, trying to read about what was going to happen with the tournament going on.

"She's not going?" He heard Theo mumble in disappointment, it took everything in Cedric to not snort or else he would be caught. He didn't want Russia to fight with Switzerland too at the moment.

Cedric stood up from the seat, "I should go, I have class in a few minutes. See you around," Cedric waves good bye, leaving the three Slytherins and the six Gryffindors to read what their letters said.

Switzerland successfully mediated the upcoming war.