Chapter 35

Holly said it will be long journey and I already felt like we were driving for hours but in reality barely 30 minutes passed.

We got to the concert hall at 1pm. Why everyone's already there so early I don't know. But I don't care because I'll get to see Jessie. And I must admit that I've got this tingly feeling again but also a lot of worries that I tried to push to the back of my mind but they always crept back.
We walked through the massive but empty hall and then through some corridors. Security men and assistants passed us. We finally stopped in front of a door. My heart also stopped beating.
"You ready?" I shook my head. No, I really wasn't ready but there will never be a moment when I'll be ready.
"Okay, just keep standing here. This will be perfect."
She opened the door and went inside. I was standing like a lost puppy in the door frame and was looking inside. But there was no one. Holly went around the corner and all I could see was a plain white wall. But at least I could hear voices.
"Hollly!! What are you doing here?!"
"Alisha, sorry to interrupt your work right now but I have a surprise for Jessie. And this can't wait any longer."
"I swear, Holly, if this is Jacksons shit heap again then you can go immediately."
I had to stiffle a laugh at that one.
"Shut up Jess and come with me"
I heard them moving and around the corner appeared Jessie and Holly behind her. Holly kept Jessie's eyes with her hands closed. She slowly let her hands go and Jess blinked. Then she stared at me. She said nothing, not even any kind of facial expressions was visible.
"Surprise" I said and smiled at her. Still, no reaction. I looked in her eyes, they were empty, plain black, without any life. It scared me. "Jessie!!" I screamed. I wanted to grab her hand. But in the second my finger touched her hand she turned into dust.