Chapter 16

so tonight Jessie cooked soup for me. I was looking forward this evening but not the soup if I'm honest.

so this morning I got out of the hospital and they said I'm not allowed to work. this was driving me crazy. I didn't know what to do with myself so I walked. I haven't done a good long walk in ages.

even though it's not the most beautiful landscape, I mean there are just houses everywhere. the sun barely reaches the ground because of the shadows from the skyscrapers.

so I walked along the water trying to avoid the tourists which was impossible to do.

with time I learned that most of them are actually from Germany, the UK and Spain.

anyways the time went on and I head back to my little flat to get ready for the evening. well that was easier said than done. I mean it wasn't a date. was it? I couldn't wear a dress. could I?

should I just go there casual?

after looking through all of my clothes I had and went through things I can't wear, maybe wear but none of my outfit was perfect.

after some more time of just staring at my clothes I decided to wear my favorite shorts with a normal white top and an more or less oversized red checkered blouse with my dark brown boots.

first, of course, I went for a shower and because I wanted to wear shorts I got to shave my legs properly.

after the shower I gave more attention to my hair and make upit.because of my cloths choice I didn't want Jess to think that I don't care about that evening. in fact it was all I could think about the whole day.

I curled my brown hair up which took longer than expected. my make up was mascara, eyeliner and a red lipstick. not too much but enough.

before I left the building I checked if Peter did alright in the bar. Grabbed my handbag, that I got from a yard sale. you can get nice old stuff there. I stuffed my purse and phone into it.

I went to her hotel that was okayish from the outside but really posh from the inside.

I went to the reception and actually didn't know what to ask. I mean I didn't even remember her last name. did she ever told me that?

”hello miss how can I help you?"

I apparently hesitated too much as he commented "you know you can just continue this standing and doing nothing but please on the outside."

rude posh ass.

"no ehhrm. I'm here to meet Jessica."

"here are a lot of Jessicas in this hotel you know. do you want me to call them all or?"

"ehr she's also known as Jessie J"

"ah well try little lady but next time you can at least google her family name." he smiled at me but with this evil grin on his face that I'd like to punch. "security!"

with that two blokes appeared out of nowhere next to me and tried to get me out.

"don't fucking touch me. can't you just call her and tell her Penelope is here waiting because no one wants to tell me her room number and tries to get her out of the hotel." I mean there is no pint in staying polite to then when they are being assholes to you.

"well it seems like you know miss Cornish pretty good so why don't you call her?" he challenged.

"you know what? good idea."

I pulled out my phone and dialled her number.

after a few rings she picked up.

"of you're going to ditch me now I'm going to hate you and won't talk to you for at least a day."

"Jessie, I'm downstairs at your hotel and the receptionist won't let me in. sorry."

"wait what?! give me a second."

with that she ended the call.

I'd love to see how this guy is going into trouble now.

just literally a second later the elevator opened and out of there appeared one of the most beautiful women on earth. this might sound cliché now but it's true. she wore a green dress that fitted her amazingly and show off all the right parts of her body.

she quickly smiled at me and whispered in my ear

"close your mouth you'll catch flies"

it wasn't what she said that made me shiver it was the way and her voice that did. then she put on a pokerface.

she stormed dramatically at the table and talked more with her arm and hands than her mouth.

"do you have the guts to tell me what's going on here?"

"this.. just.. I.. sorry we.. I just.." he tried to answer but obviously was taken aback by Jessie's attitude.

"oh like I thought you lost them. so you better make sure that this won't happen again."

I think he found back his voice as he tried to explain "I'm sorry miss Cornish. we just want to you to enjoy your stay here and not get harassed by unwanted visitors. of course tonights drinks are on us."

I guess he was just scared that she wants to talk to his boss that he gave us free drinks for tonight.

"good. we'll take advantage of this. send us two bottles of your best whine upstairs please."

"sure we'll do. just give us a call if we can do something more for you"  what an ass crawler.

"don't worry I will."

"enjoy your night misses"

"thank you" of course Jessie has the last word.

without another word  said she guided me into the elevator and as the door closed she beamed again.

"nice show Jessie. where did you learn all this?" I made a little applause for her

"had theater in school. gotta practice my skills so they won't fade away. and because it's fun."

"woah you're good."

"please, I'm great!"

"oi don't get head over heals, Cornish"

the elevator made a 'ping' noise and opened. we were at the 10th floor by now and Jessie once again guided me around till we reached her hotel room. well it was actually more like a little apartment.

AN

wait for the next chapter

as if you'd have a choice ha