Chapter 11

Penelope's POV

what is this girl doing to me? I mean I woke up convinced that she's just a friend to me but why does it hurt so much that she stormed off? and all this just because of Kevin? that's ridiculous. Kevin is part of the family and if you won't respect my family I won't respect you.

it's almost midnight and I'm serving behind the bar. with my best pokerface on. smiling and being kind to everyone but inside I could punch walls. today I admitted to holly that I not just like her. I like like her. but at the same time I hate her. I feel like she used me. I mean she slept at mine more than once, ate my food and I showed her a bit of my New York. and what do I get in return? - hate towards my rat.

I feel like I shouldn't have told Holly. she's Jessie's best friend and might tell her. and it's going to be even more awkward between us. well if we'll see each other again.

isn't it ridiculous just because of a house rat to cut the line?

even though I knew we cannot be more than friends I'd still be happy to have her as a friend. but as the dickhead I am, I'm not going to make a move. I mean I didn't do anything wrong. did I?

"what's the matter with you today?"

as much as I love peter but sometimes I need my alone time. even though my alone time is when I'm surrounded by people asking for beer. It kind of distracted me from everything that is going on right now.

"nothing. I'm fine" I lied.

"keep telling that yourself but from that it will not change a thing, you know. it's the way you pick up the glasses. it's normally gently and now it seems like you're strangling each of them."

"am I paying you for giving stupid comments?"my tone harsher than I expected.

then he went off somewhere doing whatever.

maybe it was because of my mood but the pub wasn't as full as usual. the pub is mostly open till 2am but barely someone is here so it would be alright to close it an hour earlier.

just as I dragged the last customer outside and was about to close the pub the person I wanted to see the least appeared behind me.

"can we talk?"

AN

not even sorry for a short chapter

I don't have that much time left but I'll do my best at writing quickly cos I have a holiday job now. and you guys get only one chapter a day if you keep voting like this :) I hope I don't have to break that promise