Chapter 12

"Emilie go away"

"please Pip, give me a minute"

"Ems seriously no."

"I beg you. one minute."

I sighed out loud and then she knew I gave in.

"starts now." I watched at my clock so I haven't had to listen to her any longer.

she hesitated before she started.

"I miss you"

"47 seconds left"

she looked at me in disbelief that I actually took that minute seriously. and then she started her monolog.

"you know, I thought all the way what I'm going to tell you because I don't want to lose you. and you may think I came to a good conclusion but I didn't. I'm rambling on because that what I'd like to tell you isn't able to put into words. we made a lot of memories and you are a huge impact in my life, a beautiful person and a great friend. I cannot give up on you flightless. and that's what I'm asking for is to stay friends."

"it's true we shared a lot of memories. but you are one of them now. just a memory." it's like she didn't even listen to what I just said.

"I want the baby to also grow up with you. you are so good towards kids.."

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME EMILIE?! IN NO WAY WILL I BABYSIT YOUR LITTLE HUMAN THING. DO YOU KNOW HOW IT'D BE TO LOOK INTO THAT INNOCENT FACE AND GET REMINDED THAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND FUCKED YOU OVER AND HAD ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP BEHIND MY BACK? JUST LEAVE AND FUCK YOURSELF."

"but.."

"THREE, TWO, ONE. GOOD NIGHT EMILIE."

I went inside and smashed the door shut behind me. I immediately slid down the door frame. I sat down and hugged my knees. tears slowly left my eyes then I burst out fully crying. how did my life turn out like this? I mean I was almost happy just a few days ago and now it seems like everything is crashing down to pieces.

##

the time passed and I was still sitting there. I might have cried out all my liquid. my tears dried out because now I was only sobbing, unable to cry.

a knock brought me out of my state. unsure of how much time actually passed I expected it to be Emilie who still wouldn't leave me alone.

"how many times do I have to tell you to fuck off until you finally leave me alone?!"

"listen to me Pipper. I'm sorry I didn't mean any of that what I said."

that voice was definitely not Emilie.

I cracked the door open.

"Jessie?"

"yeah? please let me in"

"I look like a mess" I stated the truth.

"I don't care. please just let me in." she sounded desperate and upset. I didn't want her to be upset so I stepped aside to let her in

she looked shocked as she saw me. she pulled me in a tight hug and I did the same.

I was lying in my bed whilst Jessie made me a hot chocolate.

she came back with two mugs and sat down beside me.

I took a sip and an awkward silence followed.

"you know I'm sorry about that what I said about Kevin."

I looked at her in surprise. well I wasn't really surprised but let's say I didn't expected it.

"it's okay you're forgiven. he's really amazing if you get to know him."

"I was just terrified for a second and  haven't used my brain."

"Jessie stop apologizing. it really is okay."

she played with my hair until she spoke up again. she hesitated for a moment. like she was afraid of the following words that are going to leave her mouth.

AN