Chapter 30

Months past and I'd be lying if I said that I'm not still thinking about her.

At first Jess and I texted every day but now it was more like just every week. She was busy, I was busy and then there is the damn timezone.

It's the middle of December and it's freezing cold here in New York.

I haven't planned anything for Christmas. I couldn't leave the pub during those celebration days.  So I couldn't go and see my family. As for Peter I gave him some days off from 21st till 26th of December. At least he was able to see his family. But then I was even more alone.

To be honest I don't get why people like to spend the Christmas days in New York. Everyone is busy buying stuff and they don't care about the others. They literally fight in shops and don't even dare to look at the people who don't even have a roof above them. But isn't Christmas about caring and loving. And by that I don't mean just the ones who are close to you. But in America they changed the whole Christmas thing anyway. How did the birth of Jesus turned out into Santa Clause and his reindeers? I will never understand that one.

I decided to go and look for some gifts for my friends and family today. Nothing big just a little something that will make them smile.

After 5 hours of rushing from shop to shop trying to find the right stuff I only finished to buy half of what I actually need.

I made a little stop in front of the Rockefeller center and did something I haven't done for years. I went ice skating. Most people were busy going shopping so I didn't have to wait so long.

I decided to make a little Instagram video. Well let's say it failed. I wanted it to look all cute and christmassy with all the lights and the ice skating but as soon as I stepped on the ice with my blades I fell down at my bum. And it hurt a lot. Because of all the luck I have my phone also fell down and my screen cracked. Yeah the fun here.

Someone came up from behind me to help me.

"Ay, are you okay? Do you need help?" She held out her hand. I grabbed it and surprised by her strengths she pulled me up.

I looked into her hazel eyes and she smiled at me.

"I'm Esperanza."

She was beautiful even though she has to be a Latina the way she smiled reminded me of Jessie. I was quite mesmerized by this fact. She's basically Jessie in black.

"..and you are?" She tried again.

"Oh I'm sorry. It's just you reminded me of someone. I'm Pip."

"Are you okay Pip? You fell down pretty hard. I've been working here the whole season and believe me some people called the ambulance because of much less then this." She laughed again.

"Yes I'm okay. Just my bum hurts a bit. Oh you're working here?" 

She cheekily smiled at me.

"Well I'm sure there is someone at home taking care of your booty." Was she flirting with me?

Esperanza and I talked for a while. She's studying some art thing here in New York. And is also alone during the Christmas time. She has no money to fly back to her family in Arizona. After she ended her shift I invited her for a coffee. I mean why not make some more friends? Well yes she's hot but that's not what I had in mind. So I also invited her over at Christmas night to my pub. It will definitely be more fun with people surrounding you who you acto like and not a some drunken bastards.

So now I was quite excited for Christmas.
AN
Oh hey who would have thought that there is another update so quick? Well hi