Chapter 22

Jessie's POV

I tried to busy myself with studio stuff but I couldn't concentrate. my mind was off somewhere else. Penelope. Pip, Pepper, Pipper. or however all her nicknames are.

I just didn't understand how she could think that I was the one who broke in her apartment and then she just went off the phone. I'm the one who has the right to be mad right?

just as I was about to get lost in my mind about this girl whilst I was supposed to write banging songs my phone rang.

of course I picked it up. I always pick my phone up when someone's calling. besides when I got told to shut it off or obviously when my battery ran out.

unknown number is calling. I'm always afraid of those calls.

"Hello?"

"Jessie?"

"who are you?"

"listen. here's Peter. please tell me Pip is with you."

"oh. hey peter. sorry to disappoint you but I haven't seen her since yesterday as I left that morning" I blushed lightly. I hope he didn't knew. and if he didn't knew I hope just haven't given it away that Pip and I slept together. I felt like that is our little secret.

I heard him swear under his breath before he continued

"do you know where she is. has she told you something? did she call you?"

"I called her yesterday but she didn't say anything. did you know that the police called me and that I'm a suspect of breaking in her apartment?! I just .. I "

he cut me off

"fuck. Jessica this is once not about you. whoever broke in destroyed everything. the bar is a mess like her apartment. she lost everything that she build up over the last year and now she's gone"

I swallowed.

"gone?" what did he mean with that.

"she turned her phone off and I have no idea any more where she can be. I'm scared she might do something stupid."

"something stupid? what are you talking about?" I knew what he meant by that but I didn't want it to be true.

"you know that what people do when their world is falling apart and they cannot see any other way"

my heart dropped down as I listened to his words and got replaced with pure pain.

"is there anything I can do?"

"I wish I'd knew what to do. just call me if you know something where she could be."

"of course I will."

then I was left alone with my thoughts again. it was worse than before. I felt guilty how I spoke with her. maybe it's my fault she left?

the thing that you just want to do something and find her but you actually only can sit and wait is killing me.

I told my manager that I need fresh air and went out of the building to arrange a meeting with holly. o just need a good talk and she always knows what to do best.

"hey babe! are you alright? I heard what happened." I immediately fell into her arms and hugged her tightly.

"do you think it's my fault?"

"Jessie don't be stupid. don't blame yourself. how could it be your fault when someone broke in and destroyed everything?"

"no. not that. I mean is it my fault that she left? please be honest"

"what do you mean she left? where has she gone?" panic appeared in her eyes. well she obviously hasn't heard that yet.

"Peter called and asked if I knew where she is. after the police department she vanished. and I was quite rude and selfish as I called her the last time. holly I'm scared"

she thought about it a bit and took the situation in

"Jessie calm down. she is a grown woman. she wouldn't do anything stupid. she knows what's wrong and right." I wasn't sure if she was convincing me or herself.

"as we were little we were dreaming about going to Alaska. we loved the untouched nature, the wild. we wanted to express the feeling of freedom."

"Holly! I'm sure she's in Alaska!!" I shouted a bit too loudly at her.

"Jess. we were like 7 years old. I'm sure she doesn't even remember"

"you never forget your dreams. we should go and look if she's there."

"Jessie since when have you lost your brain? you are here to finish your album. you only just met her why do you care so much?"

I stared at my lap. of course I cared about her. and I also know she isn't just a crush. I won't let her leave.

"oh my god. Jessie!" holly squealed and took me out of my trance. "you slept together!!"

I didn't say anything I just punched her arm.

"ah Jessie is in love. Jessie is in love." she started singing like school girl.

"Holly please grow up. what should we do now?"

Peter's POV

I was running around pointlessly.

if I would do nothing I'd go crazy. I know Penelope good but I had no idea anymore where she could be.

three hours later of running up and down the street of the bar I got a call from the police.

they called me because Pip wasn't available. what a surprise. they had food news. they got a video tape from the store across the street and they found foreign DNA in the apartment. it was no doubt that those Russian guy destroyed everything.

the police was already doing everything to find them. they searched those guys before because of crimes they have done.

in case she would come back I spend the night in her apartment and tidied it up. there was no way I could find sleep. even though she was older she still was like my little sister and my best friend.

in the morning I got a text from Jessie that she's with Holly in Alaska and trying to find Pip. to say I was confused from this message would be an understatement.

AN

I know it's been long. I was on a holiday so. college starts soon so I cannot update that often. but I will continue this story