Chapter 19

I woke up in a hotel bed cuddled up with Jessie.

if I'm honest I don't know how we got to bed because the last thing I remembered was that we laid together on the sofa.

I kissed her forehead. I didn't mean to wake her up but she begun to stir.

"morning beautiful" I greeted her and once again I kissed her but on her cheek. I don't know what's up with me cos I'm not even a morning person. but I couldn't help myself. it may sound cheesy and stupid but she's the sun that lights up my heart.

Jessie stroke my hand and entwined them.

"good morning" she giggled with her raspy morning voice.

"what are you thinking about?" she continued.

"about the sun."

"tell me about it."

"well ehrm the sun is like a wonder that we don't appreciate. we take it as something natural that it raises and sinks every day. that it lights so we aren't tripping in the darkness. you cannot always see it when it's cloudy but it's there even though we cannot see it directly."

"that was beautiful but too deep for me at this time of a day. breakfast?"

I laughed "I'm never saying no to food."

we ordered a little bit of everything the hotel kitchen offered for breakfast and to my own surprise we ate it all.

it was time for me to go so I got dressed in my old cloths.

"you know I still want to make you that soup. ”

"well when are you off today Jessie?"

"depends of my working. if I'm glad I can be out before midnight."

"so I'll see you at midnight?" I suggested

"a midnight dinner? it took me a lot of work to get this kitchen working here." she had a point there. it didn't even looked like you can cook with that.

"you can use the one in my apartment. you know I have a proper kitchen. at least better than this one. I only have to work till 1am today." I beamed.

"you sure?"

"I wouldn't been asking if I wasn't. as long as you don't burn my apartment down it's fine."

"can you go and buy some stuff. I have to be in the studio in an hour and actually don't have time for it."

speaking of the time I took a glance at the clock. damn I was already late late.

"shit. Jessie I'm late. I gotta go now. text me whatever you need and I'll get it. I have to babysit again. bye" I kissed her cheek and literally ran to the subway.

**

I was standing behind the counter and patiently waited till the last guests were gone. some stupid tourists were only left.

I'm guessing they are from Russia. five young dudes in a drinking competition.

it just passed 1am and Jessica was upstairs cooking. she arrived 20 minutes ago busying herself with the things I bought earlier today. if I'm honest I've never heard of the half of it but with some help I found them all in Costco.

"hey guys, the bar closes now and you unfortunately gotta leave."

"aw comon girl. just some more minutes." he spoke with a thick Russian accent. they were those guys you don't want to mess with. they were willing yo show they had money and I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of the Russian Mafia.