Chapter 5

it was emptier than before. most people were already gone.

not sure why but Emilie was like attached to my ass and that pissed me off. she was usually not like this at all. so I got myself a non alcoholic drink as an attempt to get rid of her.sounds rude but it was the truth. my head was just spinning around like mad. I felt two hands sneak around my waist and someone resting their head on my shoulder. Emilie.

"hey babe, i have to get up early as fuck tomorrow so I have to go now. I hate to ask you right now but.. you know that i really,really really love you.. "

I sighed."how much now?"

"75$. I swear next month I'll pay you back."

I went behind the counter and got her the amount of money she asked for.

"you know you're the best right? I'll make it up to you"

"hmm"was all I responded. I hated it when she asks for money that is quite a lot lately but I couldn't say no can I? I'm her girlfriend.

she jumped up, kissed me on the cheek and literally sprinted away.

now there were only like 20 of us and most of them are playing a stupid drinking game. something with numbers and brands. I couldn't care less because I wasn't able to drink any more alcohol. I was pretty sure I would throw up if I'd do so. and that wouldn't be appreciated as the host.

"hey you alright? ” Jessie joined me on the chair next to me.

"yup I'm good. just taking a drinking break. enjoyed the night so far?"

"yes it was nice. this is such an amazing place!"

"oh thank you”

"ehrm by the way I'm really sorry about earlier. hope you and your girlfriend are alright? ”

"oh we're fine. really don't worry about it."

"you sure? I swear she looked like she wanted to kill me"

I laughed, Emilie was normally not even one a bit jealous.

"yes we're good. so Jessie tell me about yourself. I want to get to know you"

"well ehrm.. where do I start? ah I'm Holly's best friend and I literally drag her with me around the world.” she smiled to herself and seeing her smile made me smile too. "I'm here in New York to record my second album. I'm from the UK what you might have guessed from my accent."

"oh it's already your second album? most unknown artists hardly get to their second one."

"well I'm not really unknown. I get recognized on the streets every day.”

"oh you do? that's embarrassing I don't know who you are if I'm honest. sorry"

"you know what? I like that"

"you like people not knowing your music?"

"no ! I like it when people don't know me or the person the papers made me look like. you get me?"

"that's weird but I think I can understand that"

"so enough about me. tell me something about you"

"well my name is Penelope O'Brien. I was born and raised in Hawaii. inherited this puf from my granddad who was actually Irish. and I made a nice pub out of it" I smiled proudly. it really was a lot of work and not easy to get it rolling at the start but I'm really glad it made a name just after one year.

"it really is nice! have you ever been to Ireland and do you still have relatives there?”

"I've never been outside of America if I'm honest. but yeah I guess there are still some grand grand cousins or something like that."