Chapter 21

the door has been broken down.

the inside of the bar was a mess. not one chair is still in one piece, shattered glasses and bottles everywhere.

I looked inside the box where I put all the money but nothing was lost.

I went upstairs to call someone because that's where I left my phone.

it was even worse there. the TV was broken the kitchen in pieces.

on the counter was a note that caught my eye and it read

'don't mess with us, dyke'

I picked it up and what I found under it put me into a stare. the note fell out of my hand and I couldn't move. shocked would be an understatement.

Kevin laid there. his head separated from his body.

I couldn't take it in anymore. I didn't want to deal with any of this. it felt like a bad nightmare.

I picked my phone and instead of calling 911 immediately I called Peter. I just needed someone who can help me and he always knew what to do.

it ringed a few times but then he picked it up.

"Peter Everett"

I wanted to say something but nothing came out. I lost my voice and somehow I lost my mind.

"hello? .. Pip is that you? what's up"

"can you come over now?" I cracked and burst out into sobs.

"on my way. give me a minute"

I guess he sensed that this was serious.

I couldn't be in the mess so I went outside as quickly as possible and collapsed outside of my door.

the questions in my mind ran like crazy

who would do that? what have I done wrong? I don't deserve this. why is this shit always happening to me? how will I clear this? how am I going to rebuild the bar? I need money that I don't have.

who would do this to me?

I finally found my balls and called the police. I told them what I know and then they were on their way.

it was peter who arrived first.

he sat beside me and stroked over my back, trying to be soothingly.

"what has she done?" his question confused me.

"what? who?"

"Jessie."

"oh. no no. it's not her. I just.. the bar.. my apartment.." I just didn't know what or how to speak it out loud. "..it's a mess. someone broke in and destroyed everything."

he searched for any sign that I was kidding. and I really wished I was. but it's the blank truth and realness that hurts.

he got up and vanished inside.