Chapter 10

Jessie's POV

"wait what she has a rat in her apartment?"

"it's her fucking pet, holly. and it ran around in the kitchen."

"ew"

"exactly!" at least Holly shares my disgust with rats.

"but is that really a big deal for you? I mean the rat can just stay in his cage when you're around"

"wait what?! holly since when are you on her side?"

"I'm not choosing any side here Jess. we're over that age though. I'm trying to solve this. you like her and because of the rat you just stop seeing her?"

"do you think I've just overreacted?"

"no, I don't think you've just overreacted. do you even use that thing that is attached to your scrag? this is ridiculous Jessie. you've over overreacted"

I groaned because I know she's right. but I still kept defending myself

" it is not 'ridiculous'. you should have seen how she carried that rat and where it had been. it sat on her fucking neck and I don't know where else it is crawling. I cannot look at her without a shiver running down my spine of disgust"

I told Pipper this morning that I cannot deal with her shit and that it is better to not see eachother that often because I had to solve my own shit that's going on. I don't even know why I reacted that way. did I regret my words? I kind of did.

"you know what Jess?"

her tone brought me out of my thinking trance.

"you keep on complaining about that you won't find a love in your life but each time you get close to one person and catch feelings for them you literally search for something that bothers you just to be on your own again. you do that on purpose. sometimes I think you want to be on your own. slowly drowning in self pity. you have to wake up, there is no mister or misses perfect coming around if you reject every one. as you like to teach everybody: perfect doesn't exist."

"i thought you'd understand me. I thought you were my best friend"

her words did hurt and I don't get it why everyone is against me all of sudden.

" I am your best friend so I'm telling you this. snip out of your daydream and face the reality. Penelope likes you and you like her."

"wait what? we're just friends!"

"sure you are. I'm not blind jess. and besides that I spoke to Pepper about it this morning."

a smirk appeared on her face. over the past decades we've known each other I learned to read her facial expressions. sometimes we communicate without words. and now it meant that she knows something that I didn't.

"..aaaaand?"

"nothing. we just talked about.. stuff."

"oh come on Holly! you cannot just mention this and not say it. you know how much I hate this! split the beans."

"why do you care? you are just friends " she teased. and she loved doing this.

"Hoolllyy" I whined, sounding slightly desperate.

"okay okay, I cannot say much because I promised her not to tell anyone. but she told me about her break up and also mentioned something about falling for a 'straight' girl."

"but I'm bi."

"Jess, seriously? I'm not putting all the puzzle pieces together for you. figure it out by yourself. you'd make a great couple.". she winked and went off. leaving me alone in the studio. I had lunch time but couldn't bring myself to eat something. what is this girl doing to me?

AN

sorry for a short chapter..

how do you like the story so far?

comments are welcome. good and bad or any advice