Chapter 2

"HOLLY? damn girl what are you doing here?"

"her just got some food and now I quickly gotta head back bye"

she turned around and started walking quickly. but her accent made it clear to me that it was surly her. I ran after her.

"hey hols don't you remember me? I'm Penelope. we always used to hang out in summer on Hawaii as you were visiting your grandparents."

her eyes widened now and I guess she finally remembered me.

"holy crap Pepper! it's you! you've changed a lot! sorry I just thought you'd be.. well doesn't matter. haven't seen you in ages. how are you?"

"I'm honestly great! I can see you're stressed and I don't want you to be late because obviously some hungry asses are waiting for you" I pointed at all her food bags she got in her hand "but we should meet up soon and have a catch up"

"oh yeah we really should! hey are you free tonight?"

"tonight I'm having a big event so I've got a lot to do. well actually you can come around it's going to be fun. here type your number in and I'll send you the address" I handed her my phone and she typed in her number.

"alright, I guess I'll come tonight. so see you later babe" she hugged me tight and walked away.

we got 3 hours left until we gotta get ready ourselves. I put as much whiskey and beer as possible in the massive fridge and cleaned the shots and glasses.

for the entry people get offered a shot of whiskey instead of champagne or shit like that.

my friend Vinny and my girlfriend Emilie will do most of the servers. so I can greet all the guests. Peter is like always the guy for everything, helping there where you need a man.

I quickly got ready myself. gladly my flat was above the pub.

I showered, did my makeup and got dressed. even though it was a big event I wanted to celebrate it in clothes I feel comfortable in. so I wear my favorite dress, it was black and reached to my knees and with that I just wore my white converse.

I curled my hair up and was ready.

it was still an hour until it will start but I already made my way downstairs.

I set up the music before the singers will arrive and entertain us with live music.

today all the singer who got once singed because of my pub are coming, well all of them who could made it, also good friends, regular guests including some producers.

the time passed quickly and Vinny already entered the pub and helped me out. he prepared the shots.

it was only 30 minutes until the first will arrive. but everything was already set up so I finally checked my phone. I received three texts. two from an unknown number and one from my girlfriend.

I read the one from my girlfriend first.

* hey baby! I'm soo sorry but I cannot make it in time tonight. I'm stucked with work. hope everything goes the way you want to. have fun and drink one for me too. love you Pip xx PS I'll make it up to you ;) Emxxxxx*

I groaned as I read the text. I only realized the tone I let out as Vinny came next to me and asked what was wrong. I tried to shrug it off but he knew me to well.

"is it Emilie? what happened?"

"she won't come punctual or not at all tonight."

"you know what? it is her loss. if she got something better to do it's her fault. we are going to have fun because this night is going to be amazing! just forget about her tonight."

I weakly smiled at him but I haven't had time to respond because the security arrived.

it was a man who surly could fight five persons at one. well at least he looked like it and that's all that counts.

I explained him everything. showed him the backdoor and he prepared himself and I also gave him the guest list.

gladly Peter came back so I had a minute for myself and checked the other texts. well they both were from Holly.

*hey Pepper, what should I wear tonight? are there a lot of people? should I bring anything? Hols x*

*oh and can I bring a friend too?xx*

I knew it was a bit too late to give an advice about her dress choice but I replied that she should wear casual clothes, that one friend is okay and that the rest is a surprise for her.