Book 4: Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"She's really rooming with me?" The girl said wide eyed, which Finley did not understand. Don't they have room mates like Hogwarts?

"Yes, I shall leave her to your care—" before the headmistress could finish, the girl in the room grabbed Finley and dragged her inside the dorm.

"You can count on me Madame!" The girl exclaimed closing the door. With a chuckle, the giantess proceeds to her work, especially now that a tournament was to be held and the girls were going to have a field trip.

"I can't believe I would get a roommate!" The girl who pulled Finley in exclaimed, as she couldn't stop hugging Finley and jumping around.

"I've spent a whole year! A year without a roommate and it's so lonely!" The girl exclaimed again.

"Why?" Finley found herself asking, there was ni harm really, it was a harmless question. She noticed how half empty the room looked, the other bed was so smooth as if it has never had the chance to be slept in.

"None of the snotty Veelas wanted to room with me," the girl huffed flipping her hair. Finley giggled at how the girl's attitude switch so quickly.

"I'm Finley," Finley introduced herself letting out her hand for the other girl to shake.

"Cœur, my parents call me Heart mostly."

"Isn't that just french for heart?" Finley mused.

"My parents are crazy," Heart winked at her new roommate offering her a seat.

Finley's eyes wandered around the room and was amazed at how bright it was, a complete contrast to the dark and luxurious space that she was used to in the Snake Pit.

The room was gold-ish and white in a sense that it made the room elegant and all that, there were two beds. Both located on opposite sides of the rooms, each had a large window and desks and of course a shelf. The linens were in the shade of pastel and such that she felt odd as she was used to the dark wood and the murky green waters of the black lake, she felt home sick.

"I have the bed on the left, you can take the right."

She looked towards Heart her new room mate who was now fixing her bed on the left side. On the right side of the room there were her trunks and her new owl that she bought herself, she didn't know if it was alright to have an owl, but since it was there means it was okay.

"Your owl is lovely by the way," her new roommate commented.

Finley manages to smile, it was the last thing she had of Harry as he was the one who chose it. She would never tell him how much her owl costed her, it was that expensive or else Harry would've chosen another one. "Must've cost you a fortune to get a white one," Heart marvelled.

"You have no idea," Finley snorted, it would make a large dent on Harry's vault but for her it wouldn't be as she still had 15 vaults in her name, cost didn't matter to her.

"Have you named him yet?" Heart asked.

She glanced at the owl again, it's white feathers glowed in the sun, it's eyes were golden and staring at her.

"Hades," Finley tells Heart.

"Well, you must like mythology and I would love to learn about you some more, but right now we have class," the other girl winks at Finley.

Surprisingly, Finley found herself way ahead on most of her classes except, well lady's etiquette. Finley finds herself struggling to identify which fork for which course of the meal, she honestly wanted to stab a Veela who found her illiterate because of it.