What happens in Paris

November 2022

Six curious looking heads with big rounded eyes surround Moonhae as she leans back on the couch at the company. Her back is already killing her and she's only halfway through her second trimester. Trying to rest isn't going to happen either, because she's immediately joined by these idiots in front of her.

"Never seen a pregnant lady before?", she huffs while resting her hands on her now growing baby bump.

"N-no, we've just never seen you pregnant before", Jimin replies for all of them, making it sound like the most interesting thing in the world.

"Well obviously", she rolls her eyes, but in the next moment she flinches as there's suddenly movement within her.

"Are you okay?", Hoseok looks worried along with the rest of them.

"Yeah, it was just... kicking", she breathes.

"Maybe it's reacting to Jimin's voice", Jungkook suggests with a bunny smile, his eyes round in awe.

"Jimin say something", Namjoon prods him.

Leaning closer to her stomach, he speaks softly, "Hello, baby~"

Immediately, Moonhae can feel movement again, holding her hands against her belly in surprise. Everyone else awes loudly.

"C-can I touch, Moonhae?", Jimin asks shyly and she nods.

"Hello, little boy or girl. Are you happy in there? You know, you have the best parents out here. And they have a bunch of friends that are excited to meet you", he speaks sweetly again with his hands placed gently against her abdomen, eyes lighting up at movement under his palms, "Wow! It's really moving!"

Yoongi silently comes closer, standing next to Jimin, but too shy to ask if he can feel it too.

"You can touch too, Yoongi", Moonhae tells him, grinning at his sweet reaction.

As soon as he feels the soft kicks under his hands, his complete demeanor turns to putty, his expression showing nothing but awe as his round eyes are glued to the life that's growing inside her.

"What're you doing?", Taehyung then strolls into the room to find everyone clustered up around the couch.

"Jimin was talking and then the baby started moving", Jungkook tells him all excited, doe-eyes bigger than ever.

"It's his fairy voice", Hoseok chuckles.

"No, here, I'll show you how it's done", Taehyung pushes the others aside, so he can put his face right near Moonhae's belly. Then in that angelically deep voice of his, he starts singing a line from a song of his from a few years ago.

"Neoui nuneul bichun

Bitdeureun jigeumui nanikka

You're my boy, my boy

My boy, my boy, my boy."

Sure enough, the little baby inside reacts to the soft voice, one that seems familiar as he sings to him often.

"Hey, you don't know if it's a boy", Moonhae shoves at him a little.

"No, but I can feel it", he breaks out into a boxy smile.

"Oh, shut up", she grins.

"I want a baby", Jungkook then interrupts their moment with his sudden thought. Both of them turn around immediately.

"No", they say sternly.

"Jungkookie, you're already a baby", Jimin ruffles his hair.

"And my sister is too, so shut up", Taehyung warns him.