The Party pt.3

October 2019

"Drinking alone isn't something you should do at a party", Aya speaks up shyly as she hesitantly steps up to the bar.

Resting her hands on the smooth countertop, she watches the boy leaning against the bar on his stool, sipping at his drink, slowly turn his head towards her. His eyes glisten, but his expression doesn't move much except for a small curve of his mouth. Even just looking at her he can't help a small grin.

"No one seemed to want to drink with me", he responds, clinking his fingers against the glass he's holding.

"Are you kidding? Everyone in this building wants to share a drink with you!", she gestures wildly at the guests that eye him every so often.

He chuckles at her response and at how cute she is trying to cheer him up. Her eyes seem so round and innocent as she gazes up at him, wondering how he can't see everyone head over heels for him.

"What about you?", he finally says, clicking his tongue.

"What?", she blinks.

"Would you like to share a drink with me?", he asks in a way that sends shivers down her spine. It doesn't help that his eyes glide over her features: Her youthful dark hazel eyes, her little button nose, her round cheeks and her pouty lips. He lingers on those lips.

"I-I mean I guess", she falls shy under his gaze, but seats herself on the bar stool next to him.

"Alright", he quickly waves the bartender over, "What's your drink of choice?"

She looks like a deer caught in headlights as she blinks cluelessly at the bartender, eventually saying the first thing that comes to her mind.

"A martini, please", she speaks politely.

The bartender nods, waisting no time getting to work. Jimin, however, widens his eyes a little.

"A martini? Are you sure?", he looks slightly concerned, "Those are pretty strong, you know?"

"That's fine", she squeaks, having no idea what she's gotten herself into, but too proud to admit it.

When he returns with the finished cocktail, neatly garnished with an olive and a lemon peel, he carefully places it in front of her. Taking it hesitantly, she holds it up to her lips to take the first sip. It's an instant regret when the bitter liquid burns down her throat. This cocktail is nothing like the one Jimin handed her earlier. That one was sweet and tasty, this is just eye-stingingly disgusting.

Her expression must've shown her distaste for Jimin starts laughing. When she almost spews it out again, he carefully pats her on the back.

"You had no idea what a martini was, right?", he looks at her through squinted eyes as his smile has grown so big.

"No...", she admits embarrassedly.

"Well now you do", he grins.

"Thanks for warning me", she pouts and slides the drink over for him to have.

"I did warn you", he laughs again, "Specifically, I said Are you sure? Those are pretty strong."

"Whatever", she keeps her lips puckered.

"Here, we'll get you something you like", he says, waving the bartender back over and ordering a simple vodka lemonade.

When it arrives in all its pink cuteness, she happily takes a sip to find it fulfilling her sweet cravings.

"This is really good", she lights up.

"I'm glad", he smiles fondly at her, taking a sip from the martini she abandoned.