The Date

November 2019

Moonhae dashes around the company, running from rehearsal to rehearsal. It's been like this for a while now, having announced her world tour to start in January of next year after her album release. Somehow she's pushing through and although her neck isn't in top condition, she will somehow have to push through six months of performing in heels. It's not like she hasn't done it before, she's had two other world tours at her old company, but the fact that she's an injured solo act really doesn't help her case.

Even with all that in mind, she gets to thinking about the text conversation she had with Aya earlier. It had definitely bugged her and as she's now running to the dance studio, she can't help mulling things over.

"So tell me, do you like Jimin?", she had bluntly texted the younger girl.

"I don't know", Aya had responded.

"What do you mean you don't know? Either you like him or not", even her messages seemed snappy.

"It's not that simple. I like him as a friend. Anything else scares me", she answered.

"Seriously Jimin cannot be that scary", she replied, knowing he very well could be, but not in this instance.

"No... He doesn't scare me. Well maybe a little... My point is that I've never really gone out with guys like that. I've only ever been with naive people my age", her message read.

"Sure Jimin may be more experienced, but he's definitely not this mature guy you're making him out to be", she then explained.

The only reply she received afterwards was an "Okay, I guess" and that was all there was to it. Maybe Aya's keeping her feelings to herself right now or maybe she really doesn't have any, but she isn't usually this closed off about things. It was Aya that Moon was afraid would be hurt in this whole dilemma, but now she's more worried for Jimin's heart than anything else.

Lost so deeply in her thoughts, she doesn't spot the other figure rounding the corner, colliding with him instantly.

"Aye!", Taehyung stumbles backwards, but catches a hold of her with a chuckle, "Moonhae, slow down."

"I can't, I have practice", she sighs, yet lets herself rest against him for a moment.

"Is that what's on your mind?", he asks her when he notices how preoccupied she seems.

"No...", she hesitates, "Honestly, it's this whole Jimin and Aya thing."

"You shouldn't be worried about that", he tells her, "It's between them now."

"Yeah, but... I care about both of them and don't want either of them to be hurt", she pouts.

"Look, they're both Libras. It's a match made in heaven. They'll be fine", he assures her with a grin.

"Astrology's not going to bring them together", she huffs.

"But their personalities will", he replies confidently.

"There's one thing that... Jimin doesn't know. And it's kind of... A big deal?", Moonhae speaks with hesitation once again.

"What is it?", he looks at her questioningly, not having the faintest idea what she could be talking about.

"Aya's a virgin", she states and bites her bottom lip.

"Oh", he raises his eyebrows, but quickly regains himself, "But that's not really our concern, is it?"

"No, but it's irking me, because I want them together, but at the same time I don't want a guy that's five years older to take her virginity. Like it's Jimin. Jimin who's been with hundreds of guys and girls", she explains.