The Party pt.2

October 2019

As the night goes on and the guests become increasingly rowdy, Jimin has to distance himself from the weird foursome he's found himself in. Another second of seeing Kaito getting flirty and handsy with Aya and he'll quite possibly explode.

So he decides to make his way over to the dessert section of the buffet, admiring the spooky little cakes and the meticulously decorated treats. A bigger cake at the edge of the buffet looks to be surrounded by five younger boys dressed up with cheap superhero masks. Something about them seems familiar to him.

"The cake good?", he asks in a friendly tone after moving up towards them.

All five of them seem to momentarily panic as one of them hides the two stacks of cake pieces he's piled up on plates behind another one's back. Jimin just gazes around at them expectantly, waiting for someone to answer.

"Yes, very good", one of them speaks up shyly.

Jimin nods kindly, wanting to try a piece for himself before they eat the whole thing up. Until something clicks in his mind. That voice is so familiar, but he can't put a finger on it...

His eyes widen as he realizes, "Soobin?"

The masked figure doesn't respond, frozen in place with the cake knife in hand. The other four are also acting like deer caught in headlights. Jimin cautiously places his fingers at the edge of his ironman mask, slowly pulling it up to reveal who's behind it.

"Hi, Jimin-ssi", Soobin blinks at him.

"What are you doing here? Wait...", he turns to the other four and they take their masks off with lowered heads, revealing all of the TXT members, "You're all here?!"

"We heard there was a really cool party", Hueningkai speaks up.

"And lots of good food", Beomgyu adds, bringing the stacks of cake he's holding back into view.

"But you're too young to be here. There's alcohol and... Other adult things going on", Jimin worries for the boys he's always considered babies.

"Actually... I'm of age", Yeonjun interjects.

He has a point, but Jimin still wants to shelter them. Pushing the thought that Aya is in fact younger than Yeonjun from his mind, he shakes his head.

"If I let you take this whole cake, will you guys behave and go back to your dorms?", Jimin looks at them hopefully and to his surprise they all nod adamantly. They're probably just glad he won't tell management about this.

So picking up the entire cake with the platter, he hands it to them and rushes them out the entrance.

"Don't be learning how to sneak out from us, okay? We're not good role-models", he calls after them as they start hurrying down the corridor. They wave happily at the elder, excited about the cake they get to consume all by themselves.

Going back into the party, he hovers back over to the dessert buffet after getting another drink. Everything has become quite boring to him since he left Aya and Kaito alone. He's not even interested in picking up someone else for the night, although he keeps getting sultry stares from both guy and girl idols throughout the party.

"Where did the big cake go?", another voice catches him off guard.

He turns to see Irene looking at the space on the table where the silver platter once lay. She then heightens her gaze to catch Jimin's eye, who merely shrugs at her question.

"What are you doing here, Irene?", he asks with a sigh.

"I was invited", she answers bluntly.

"That's a stretch. Why would Taehyung's girlfriend invite you?", he studies her demeanor.