New Steps

October 2020

"Don't you want to stay just a little longer?", Jin whines, reaching out from under his fluffy duvet covers to hold onto Hyunae's hand.

"You know I'd love to", she laughs lightly, but wriggles out of his grasp to get out of bed, "But I have to get to work and you do too."

"Ugh...", he groans, rolling over and burying his face in the pillows, his voice now coming out muffled, "Will you be back tonight?"

"No, Seokjin, I have to go back to my place", she sighs, slowly getting dressed.

"Can't you move back in?", he looks up from the pillow with puckered lips.

"We already talked about this", she says whilst fixing her long brunette hair, "Quarantine was great, but there's no way I can stay here full-time with six other guys in your dorm."

"And if I buy another apartment, it'll show up in the media...", Jin huffs, knowing they've been over this.

"Exactly", she nods as she moves to sit by his bedside, "But that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to be your roommate."

"Mmh...", he hums contently, taking her hand again to kiss along it lightly, "I promise I'll think of something."

"I love you", she smiles, leaning forward to kiss him softly. Although Jin is the busiest person she knows, he never lets her down. It's a promise he'll make good on sooner or later.

"I love you too", he breathes back when they break apart.

"I have to go now though", she gets up again, letting out a sigh, "And you're going to be late to your photoshoot."

"Aish, I'm getting ready, I'm getting ready", he grumbles as he forces himself out of bed.

"See you later", she winks sweetly before heading out the door.

Jin ends up leaving the house right on time, heading out of the dorm building to get to the company building. On his way out, pulling his jacket a little higher to protect him against the fall breeze, he notices a couple standing out front. Two guys, one leaned against one of the stone pillars, making out, not a care in the world. It doesn't interest Jin very much, but something familiar makes him do a double-take.

"Yoongi?", Jin says, staring at the blonde trapped between a mystery man and the wall.

Both of them immediately break apart, blinking at the elder in surprise.

"J-Jin", Yoongi stutters, shoving the other boy, who's about the same height, away from him a little.

"Who's...?", Jin looks between the two unsurely.

"I'm Minjun", the boy smiles brightly, bowing a little as a greeting, "You're Yoongi's band mate, right?"

"Yeah, I'm Jin...", he introduces himself hesitantly, still glancing over at Yoongi for more information.

"He's um...", Yoongi gazes past the two of them, slightly embarrassed, "He's my boyfriend."

While Jin's mouth forms a surprised 'o' at that, Minjun happily beams over at his boyfriend, fluffy brown hair falling into his dark almond eyes.

"I'll go to work with Jin, ok?", Yoongi then tells him.

"Alright, I'll see you later", Minjun grins before turning to Jin, "And nice meeting you."

Jin nods politely at him, taking a step along the path to have Yoongi follow him. Right as he turns around, he catches a glimpse of Minjun whispering something into the blonde's ear and seemingly reaching back to squeeze his ass. Yoongi goes bright red at that, hissing something before hurrying forward to catch up with Jin.