I'm Free

January 2018

The boys are returning to their dorm building in their mini van from the airport. About five days after New Year's they were allowed to travel back to Korea.

"I'm gonna make the best music this year", Yoongi mumbles to the rest of the members.

"I'm gonna play the piano more", Taehyung shares.

"I'm gonna smash a ton of girls", Jungkook says, making everyone groan.

"Really? Everything was so wholesome until you came along", Namjoon complains.

"Hey, I was all wholesome until Jimin came along", Jungkook defends himself, making Jimin erupt into a mischievous giggling fit.

"Moonhae isn't answering my texts", Taehyung pouts, staring down at his phone.

"Why are you texting her?", Jimin raises his eyebrows with a grin.

"We wanted to watch this new movie together..."

One of their managers, sitting in the front seat, turns around nervously to face the boys.

"Uh, Moonhae is in the hospital...", he informs them hesitantly.

"What?!", everyone's horrified eyes are trained on the manager.

"Then drive us there right now!", Taehyung raises his upset voice.

"What happened?", Yoongi's small mouth hangs open.

"I'm not sure I should say..."

"Are you driving us there now or not? Otherwise I'm getting out of the van and getting a taxi", Taehyung is not kidding around.

The manager whispers something in the driver's ear and the van soon changes direction, now heading for the hospital. As soon as they arrive, the members shuffle out quickly, following the stressed manager. When they step out onto the second floor of the hospital, they land in the middle of complete chaos. Police officers are swarming the place, most of them speaking to Big Hit staff members. Some keep walking in and out of one of the rooms at the end of the hallway. That's when Bang PD steps up to them in dismay.

"What the hell are you doing here?", he looks like he hasn't rested in days.

"They said she was in the hospital...", Jimin trails off, getting distracted by all the commotion.

"Ugh, they weren't supposed to tell you... Never mind, if you have to see her, she's right down the hall", Bang PD sighs and gets back to work.

They enter the room slowly, although the door is open, afraid of what they might find. To their surprise Moonhae is sitting up on the side of her bed talking to a police officer. Dark bruises are visible all over her body due to the hospital gown, but she doesn't look nearly as bad as in December.

"Moon!", Taehyung is the first to stumble towards her.

Her face lights up when she sees all seven boys standing in front of her. The police officer temporarily dismisses himself, so she can have some alone time with them.

She winces as Taehyung embraces her. Immediately, he pulls back apologetically.

"Sorry, I have a bruised rib", she still manages to smile. Although she's in a hospital, she seems so cheerful.

"What happened?", Jungkook cuts in.

"I, um...", she looks down at her hands, intertwined in her lap, "I took Namjoon's advice."

"What did you do?", Namjoon looks at her skeptically, knowing she never takes his advice the way she's supposed to.

"I broke up with Jaewon. Three days ago."