What prison has done

~Trigger warning on this one~

September 2020

The camera flashes in Moonhae's face over and over again as she poses provocatively in her skimpy outfit. The photoshoot she had agreed to is finally taking place. There's definite tension filling up the room, but both parties ignore it to the best of their abilities.

"Can we get a makeup artist out here?", Youna then looks up from her camera with a frown, "We want a little less makeup around her eyes. Something more natural."

A nearby staff member rushes over, makeup remover and brushes in hand.

"But the concept is dark and dangerous, isn't it? Why are we taking off more eyeliner?", Moonhae can't help but question.

"Trust me. It'll be better", Youna merely replies.

"Whatever you say, Miss Director", she mutters under her breath as her makeup gets fixed.

"Do you have an issue with that?", Youna raises an eyebrow.

"Not at all", Moon manages to pull off a forced smile.

"Great", Youna's lips form a thin line, pressed together as she turns back to her camera to adjust the settings.

That's when a fairly noisy person enters the studio, greeting everyone around him cheerfully as he strides towards the photographer. Holding a cup holder of coffees, Hoseok comes into view, a huge smile plastered across his face.

Youna, who notices any disturbance while she's working, turns annoyedly, "And what do you-?"

"I brought coffee for everyone!", Hoseok cuts her off happily, "You're working hard, would you like some?"

"Coffee?", she seems to be contemplating whether she should accept the offer or send him out immediately.

"Yeah, here", he holds a cup out to her while grinning.

Reluctantly, she takes it from him, annoyed by his presence and cheerfulness, but thankful for the coffee. Taking a sip, she feels more energized already.

"Thanks", she mutters before focusing her attention on Moon again, "Now, new poses. Get on that chair, trail your hands up your neck."

With the roll of her eyes, Moonhae obliges, following directions as given. Although concentrating on the shoot, she can't help noticing Hoseok still standing there, watching everything with a small smile.

"Wow, these are amazing", he suddenly says, gazing in awe at the monitor presenting all pictures taken.

"Why are you still here?", Youna looks up from her camera with a frown.

"Cause I brought coffee", Hoseok answers in a small voice.

"Ok... So you can go now?", the confusion is written across her face.

"Can't I watch? It's so interesting. I promise I'll be quiet!", he suggests quickly.

For a moment Youna just blinks at him, trying to figure out what his deal is. Realizing it takes too much thought to be worthwhile, she just decides to ignore him and focus on the task at hand.

When Hoseok says he'll be quiet however, it's a lie. As a naturally loud person he can't always suppress the urge to say something. Every now and then he cheers out for Moon or compliments the pictures. The surprising thing is though, he does go silent for the majority of the time, his eyes drifting to watch Youna working in her element.

Finally wrapping up the photoshoot, Hoseok cheers joyfully. As Youna proceeds to pack up her equipment, he keeps talking to her excitedly, although not really receiving many responses. With a quick goodbye, she excuses herself and leaves the studio after finishing everything off.