Chapter Twelve

"This is pointless. I'm just gonna fail," I state, glaring at my Spanish textbook.

"No, you're not. Now come on. This is easy," Bulla replied.

"Yeah. For you it is," I grumbled.

Almost a year has past since the accident at the pool. It's May, and finals are right around the corner for second semester classes. Bulla, who I've become friends with, was helping me study to no avail. I just couldn't focus. While everyone else was confident that Baby was dead, I wasn't fooled. I knew he was still out there.

Bulla sighed. "Let's just go over this again, shall we? How do you say 'What's your name?'"

I groaned. "Can we please stop for the night?"

Bulla shook her head. "Sorry Rosey, but no. You need to study."

"Finals aren't for another week!"

"I know."

Groaning again, I allow Bulla to quiz me. I was barley paying attention, and as the night wore on and on, I became less and less attentive.

"What the hell are you two doing awake?" Bulma asked as I heard her come down the stairs, yawning.

"Helping Rosey study for her Spanish final," my friend answered.

"Bulla, finals aren't for another week and it's three in the freaking morning. You can study later."

"Thank you," I mumble, my head resting on my hand and my eyes closed. I hear Bulma walk the rest of the way into the kitchen. She places her hands on my shoulders, rubbing them.

"You okay, kiddo?"

"I think my brain is about to combust..."

Bulma chuckled. "Yeah, mine would too after five and a half hours of Spanish."

Groaning again, my head slipped off my hand and fell, landing on my textbook. It didn't hurt, and I was too tired to move it.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trunks, I need your help," Bulla says, coming into my room.

"With what? And how many times do I have to tell you to knock?" I ask, looking up from my laptop.

"A million, yeah, yeah, yeah. But like I said, I need your help."

"With what?"

"Rosey fell asleep downstairs at the kitchen table. Can you carry her up to my room?"

I nod, standing up. "Yeah, sure."

Bulla smiles and leads me down to the kitchen. Sure enough, our red-headed friend was asleep. I smile at her as I walk forward, carefully picking her. Moon stirred slightly, waking up.

"Don't worry. I'm just taking you up to Bulla's room," I told her.

Nodding, she rested her head on my shoulder and wrapped her tail around my waist. My smile grows as I start to carry her up the stairs.

"What are you smiling at, Monkey Boy?" She asked. Looking down, I see that her eyes are about half open and she too has a smile on her face.

"Nothing. Just happy," I say. "And Monkey Boy? What's that?"

"Your new nickname."

Once more, my smile grows. "Well, now I have to come up with one for you," I said. Moon chuckled, closing her eyes. "What do you think of me?" I asked. It was so sudden, I was even a little surprised about it.