Chapter Seventeen

When Trunks woke, he saw his sister's worried face hovering over him. Seconds later, he could hear her and his mother yelling.

"Bulla?" he asked, sitting up. He was still disoriented from the energy wave, but he pushed it aside.

"Oh, thank god!" the blue haired girl exclaimed, throwing her arms around her brother.

"Where's Moon?" Trunks asked, looking around.

"Trunks..." Bulla began. Trunks looked back at his sister, a knot forming in his stomach. He and his father had been the last two to arrive at the scene. Though the Saiyan Prince knew what had happened with his crush, he didn't want to believe it. He had hoped that the energy wave was Rosamoona expelling the Truffle Queen, but, alas, it was not.

"We have to save her," Trunks growled, standing up. The world tilted, quickly straightening back out.

Looking around, Trunks made is way through the debris. The others were all gathering around Piccolo and Goku.

"Goku, we have to go after them," Trunks stated, pushing past Goten and Pan. Goku nodded.

"That's what we were just talking about. You all are gonna go with Piccolo while I-"

"NO!" Chi-Chi exclaimed. "YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE EXCEPT THAT MOUNTAIN WITH US!"

"But Mooney..." Goku trailed off.

"Look, Goku, I know you want to save her. We all do. But Chi-Chi is right. We need you with us right now. I'm sorry, but Moona is going to have to wait," Bulma said gently, laying a hand of the Saiyan's arm.

"No. We have to save her now," Trunks growled at his mother. Bulma looked at him, surprised.

"Trunks-"

"You go with Piccolo. I'm going with Goku. We'll get Moon back and meet you," he continued, interrupting Bulma. "If any of you want to come with us, feel free. But my mind is made up. I'm saving Moon, with or without your help." His blue eyes shone bright with determination.

He really is a Prince, Vegeta thought, eyeing his son. He knew it would be hell to change the boy's mind. He was stubborn. Just like himself and Bulma.

"Trunks, we all know you want to save Rosa. But it's not safe. Please. Stay here," Emily said softly. Trunks looked over to her. As he opened his mouth, Bulla let out a yelp. 

Snapping his head towards her, the knot in Trunks' stomach grew. His sister was being attacked by an infected human.

"LET HER GO!" Goten bellowed, launching at the Truffle. He didn't have time to react before he was decked. Goten quickly went over to Bulla.

"Ella! Are you alright?!" he demanded, lightly placing his hands on her shoulder. Ella was the nickname he gave her. It was short for Louella, which was her middle name.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" she asked, standing up. A smirk resided on her lips and her eyes glowed brightly. Goten inhaled sharply. 

The Truffle that was now inside Bulla laughed. 

"Join us. It's much better than being a filthy primate," she sneered. The Truffle that Goten had decked laughed, getting back up. Nate, who was closest to the Saiyan, ran forward, grabbing his arm. He dragged him back to the others. 

"How did she turn so quickly?!" Nate whisper yelled to Trunks, who was staring at his sister in shock. He shook his head.

"They're all around us!" Pan screeched. Trunks tore his gaze away from Bulla before looking at the young girl. Her face was pale and her eyes large as they darted around.