Chapter Twenty-Eight

A few hours later, we arrived on Earth.

"Okay, I want all of you back here within an hour," Goku told us after we walked off the ship. The five of us walked in small circles to stretch our muscles

"So we can go anywhere we want, just as long as we're back here before five?" Moon asked her father. Goku nodded.

"Sweet! I'm going to eat all ice cream I can!" Goten exclaimed. Moon and Pan rolled their eyes.

"Just make sure you're back before five," Goku reminded his youngest son.

Goten nodded and took off, quickly leaving our sights. I smirked and shook my head.

"Grandpa, I wanna go home," Pan said.

"Well go on. There's no one left on Earth. But just be careful you don't hurt yourself."

Pan grinned and took off, going the opposite way of her uncle.

"So, where do you want to go, Pigeon?" I asked.

Moon didn't hesitate with her answer. "I want to go home as well."

Looking over at Goku, they shared a look. He smiled and nodded.

"Go ahead. The extra key is where it always has been."

"Thanks, Dad," Moon said. She gave him a swift hug before taking my hand. Together we flew in a completely different direction from Pan and Goten.

"I thought we were going home?" I asked, watching as the ground rush by. We were heading away from West City, but not towards Waynesboro.

"We are," Moon replied. She thought for a second before adding, "Well, at least I am."

Understanding took place in my brain. We were going to her old home, before they starting chasing Baby.

"But if we're going back to your old house, why aren't we going the way Goten went? Or are you still just mad at him?" I questioned.

Moon shook her head. "Neither. We technically didn't live in West City. It was just close enough that that's what we used. It's kinda what you do with Waynesboro. Nobody really knows about it, so you just say that you live outside of Pittsburgh."

"Oh, okay. That makes sense."

We slip into a comfortable silence. Trees pass by under us as we fly. There aren't many houses, but the ones that are there are rather big. I keep waiting for Moon to descend and claim the house that belonged to her family, but she doesn't. We just keep flying.

Close to twenty minutes later, Moon abruptly stops.

"Down there," she said, pointing. Through the trees, I can see the white outside of a house. 

"I'm sorry it took so long... I was kinda going the long way," Moon says, rubbing the back of her head slightly. I smile.

"It's fine. This is the first time you've been here in how long?"

"Ten years..." she replies, almost mystified.

"Exactly. Now come on. I want to see this place." Moon smiles and drops to the Earth below. I quickly join her in front of the house.

It's not as big as the other houses we passed on the way. In fact, it was a lot smaller.

"The seven of you fit in that?" I asked, looking over the tannish-white paint. It had the family name painted in red on the side. A red chimney rose from the domed, red roof. A small room jutted from the side of the house. Probably the garage. Two potted plants sit on either side of the door, which is the same shade red as the roof.