Chapter Four

As we walked back from Rutter's, my phone started to ring. I pulled it out and looked at the ID. 

"Who is it?" Gaea asked me.

"Gohan," I told her. 

I pressed talk and put it on speaker. "Hey, what's up?" I asked him.

"Where are you three?" Gohan asked.

"Ummm... Crossing Sugar street," I told him, looking at the street sign. "We'll be home in like two minutes."

Gohan sighed. "Fine, but you're cutting it close. You need to be at the High School by seven, and Goten, you need to be at the Middle School by seven as well."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Goten said, waving his hand. "But why exactly do we need to be at the school's so early? I didn't think that they started till 7:30?"

"You need to be tested."

"What do you mean, 'tested'?" Goten asked.

"They test what you can do with your Ki so they know what sorta classes you should take. Didn't you read the pamphlet I gave you?"

"Ummm... Well, no, not really. I sorta threw it out. It was boring."

I laughed and Gohan sighed.

"Don't worry Papa!" Gaea said. "I read the one you gave me!"

Me and Goten looked over at her. And I could tell that Gohan was doing the same through the phone.

"Anyway, Gohan, we're crossing over South Broad now, so we'll be at the house in like two seconds. See ya."

"Okay, see ya." 

I hung up and we past the handicap entrance for the church on the corner. When we got to the house, I saw Dad and Videl land in the backyard.

"Oh yay," I mumbled.

Goten laughed and that earned him a glare. Then I pushed the front door open and headed to Gohan with Goten and Gaea behind me.

When I got to our Kitchen, Gohan threw a pamphlet at me and Goten.

"Hurry up. We have five minutes," he said.

I sat down at the table and Goten looked over my shoulder. On the second page, I stopped. Kids from Waynesboro, Rouzerville, Mont Alto, Quincy, and even some from Hagerstown, Greencastle, and Chambersburg all went to this district because they apparently could use their Ki like us. I looked up at Gohan.

"All of these people go to this school? And they are all like us? Even the teachers?"

"Yeah, but it's not actually as many as you think. I think there's about three hundred kids in each grade, but I could be wrong. But yeah, they're all like us. Even the teachers."

I sat there for a moment, thinking about this. All these people who know how to use their Ki. I reached out with mine and I could feel all of them. They weren't as strong as us, but they were pretty decent...

And then it hit me. I don't know how we overlooked it. 

"Holy shit!" I yelled, making everyone jump. "Dammit! Dammit, dammit, dammit!" I jumped up and started to pace around the kitchen. 

"Aunt Moona?" Gaea asked. Confusion was evident in her voice. 

I looked around at everyone. They were all confused as well.

Dad, Mom, and Videl came in from outside. We were all in the kitchen.

"Mooney, what is it?" Dad asked.