Chapter Twenty-Four

After fighting with Baby for awhile, I realized two things.

One, Baby was impossible to defeat with physical blows.

Two, Dad was in no condition to fight.

Though I had healed him, I hadn't done a proper job. He wasn't healed all the way through.

Mentally cursing myself, I kicked Baby hard in the gut, sending him staggering back.

"Dad, we need to think of something different," I told him urgently. He nodded.

"I was about to say that. Baby's too big for us to do much damage to right now."

"Agreed," I replied.

Dad looked over at the Truffle, who was beating his chest and coming for us again.

"I think a Kamehameha will work, but I'm not sure if just the two of us can do it." His eyes never left Baby's advancing form. "I'll distract him. You heal the others. That way we can all do one together."

I look at him, shocked. He can't be serious! He wasn't near strong enough right now!

"Dad, are you-"

"Yes. I'm very serious. Now go." Dad's words weren't a request. They were an order.

Nodding, I flew back to the others as Dad went to face Baby.

Piccolo was the first one I healed. Taking the time necessary, as soon as he sat up, I moved to the next person. I tried desperately not to rush, but it was hard. Dad was doing the impossible right now.

Finally, I was done.

"Rosa, I appreciate you thinking of us, but we're not much help right now," Gohan said.

"Actually, you are," I stated.

"How?" Vegeta asked.

Looking him squarely in the eye, I said, "We're going to perform a Kamehameha. Together. Baby won't be able to handle that."

"What the hell is a Kameha-whatever?" Nate asked.

"A Ki blast," answered Videl. "But some of us don't know how to do it. Rosa, this won't work."

"You don't have to know how to a Kamehameha. Just simply fire your strongest blast at the same time we do the Wave," I explain.

"Do you think it'll work?" Uub asked.

I look behind me. Dad was flying around Baby's head, trying to confuse him.

"Right now, it's all we have," I muttered.

"Then let's not waste time," Piccolo says.

Once more nodding, we all turn towards Dad and Baby. I quickly transport next to Dad. Baby took a step back in surprise before I sucker punched him. Then, grabbing Dad's hand, I transported us back to the others.

"Alright. I'm trusting Mooney filled you all in?" he asked. They nodded. "Good, that saves time."

Turning around, we were all facing front. Baby glared at us and started forward.

"Ka-me," Dad started. He brought his hands back to his side and cupped them. Those of us who could do a Kamehameha did the same. Everyone else took up their stances.

"Ha-me," Gohan and Goten said. Balls of light appeared in our hands. Mine was orange while everyone else's was blue. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Piccolo bring his fingers up to his head, as if he were about to Instant Transmit somewhere.

'Mooney, hold your's back,' Dad sent. 'When we send ours, Baby will think that'll be all. He won't pay attention to your's back here. That's when I want you to send it. Put all your strength into it. Push it as hard and fast as you can. If everything goes well, then it'll work. Baby will die.'