Chapter Thirty-Eight

Just an fyi, this chapter is gonna jump pov's! Everyone will have a chance! ^^

______________________________________________________

"So how exactly are we doing this?" Nate asked as we entered the arcade. Marron and Moon looked at each other, no doubt having a telepathic conversation.

"How about tickets?" Marron suggested. "We go on out own for an hour or so, and whoever has the most tickets at the end wins?"

I shrugged. "Sounds pretty good. Easier than counting how many games we've won. Plus, we can each do our own thing."

Moon grinned. "Sounds good. Everyone ready?" When we all nodded, Marron started to count down.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, GO!" The four of us took us, running for various token machines throughout the arcade. I quickly grabbed a cup and inserted a twenty into the black box. Before I knew it, tokens started spilling out. After stuffing them into the cup, I went to the games.

                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I went right for the game I knew I was best at; Basketball. As I put the tokens required into the slots, I looked around. Trunks was at a racing game, Ginger at some shooting game, and Marron was playing against a chick at the air hockey table. I smirked, turning back to my game as it lit up and started to make noises. Those three were going down.

The only other person who knew the arcade as well as I did was Trunks, and on a good day I could beat his ass. I knew all the best games to get tickets, and I knew my way around the others. I would win this easily.

I sighed, thinking back to Ginger's bet. Yeah, it was a good one, but one I didn't want to lose. And if I didn't get first, I at least wanted third. That way I didn't only have to get one pierced. Because one would look stupid.

My attention was brought back to the game when I heard to negative buzzer. I frowned. I had missed a hoop. Better make like Troy Bolton and get my head in the game. 

                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After I beat the lady at Air Hockey, I moved onto a game I was more comfortable with; Mappy. It's kinda like Pac Man, but you're a mouse instead of a yellow disk. And other little mice are chasing you instead of ghosts. 

I was surprised to see that it only required one token to play, seeing how all the older games like Donkey Kong, Pac Man, and a bunch of others were all on one machine. Shrugging, I slid the coin in the slot and scrolled through until I found Mappy. I looked around before hitting start. No one seemed to be making a move for over here. so it looked like I had some time. Good. This could take a while.

                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I noticed Mar making a beelining for the console that held Mappy, and I shook my head. Unless she was off her game today, Trunks, Nate and I had some serious competition. 

I collected my tickets from the game and stepped away for some kid. I surveyed the arcade. 

It was a decent sized arcade, and had a fair amount of games. I saw a few games I mentally made a note to visit, including Skeeball and a Martial Arts Demo. I smiled at the latter. That one would be a piece of cake. 

Stuffing the tickets in my pocket, I headed towards the Deal or No Deal game. That one was usually one that gave a lot of tickets - if you got the right cases. On the way, I passed Nate.

"Check it out, Ginger!" He grinned, holding up a stack of folded tickets. "Pretty good, eh? Better watch your back!"

I chuckled. "It's not me you should threaten. It's your girlfriend over there. She's gonna whoop ass."